"Banned" Dead Space trailer

ZeroDamage

keyboard+mouse > gamepad

+1

At least as far as Gears is concerned. I played Gears and my aim sucked with the controller ( no big surprise) but was great with the mouse/keyboard. I usually just move a couple keys around and I'm good to go. For example, I dont have c as crouch ever if I need to us it lots, since I need both strafing fingers free, so instead I bind it to ctrl. I loooooved gears with mouse/keyboard.

keyboard+mouse > gamepad

Sigh...not sure whether I should give you the benefit of the doubt and treat this as trolling or think you're serious.

Oh, I'm serious as a heart attack. I don't care what game it is, you get better precision control with a keyboard mouse than with a gamepad (well, I do at least).

keyboard+mouse > gamepad

Sigh...not sure whether I should give you the benefit of the doubt and treat this as trolling or think you're serious.

Oh, I'm serious as a heart attack. I don't care what game it is, you get better precision control with a keyboard mouse than with a gamepad (well, I do at least).

Psychonauts, have at it.

A little poking around the internets, and it appears some "hardcore mouse+keyboard" people are crying and moaning about what they call "mouse lag". Apparently when walking around and moving, the camera/turning is the same speed as it is with an analog controller (ie: not 1:1 sensitive with mouse). Apparently it is 1:1 when aiming, but you still cannot split-second 180 turn. There are a bunch of idiots crying in the Dead Space forum and demanding a patch prior to purchasing.

The reason for the slow turn is REALISM. A non-super-soldier with no military training wearing a really heavy rig suit is not supposed to be able to turn on a dime and jump 20 feet in the air. If you are a PC guy wanting to play this game, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep in mind this is NOT a twitch game. EVERYTHING is done methodically. There are very very few instances where I feel like I've needed to instantly turn around to shoot something behind me. It adds to the realism, and adds to the intensity of fights because you need to plan out your attack to include semi-limited mobility. Running out of a mob and turning around to face them is frequently the best strategy. Most of the necros don't move so fast that you need to have twitch reactions to take them down. Without spoilers, there are only a couple of enemies later in the game that move unusually fast, and for those stasis is your bestest of friends.

I just wanted to warn you PC guys to know what you're getting into ahead of time. Please keep in mind this game is something that I think any fan of the genre MUST experience. It isn't a twitch game, so don't expect it to handle like CS or UT, but it is an outstanding game. From what I have read, all the mouse-keyboard control decisions were consciously made and there won't be a patch to "fix" the mouse control. If you need to buy it for PC and don't like the mouse control, then plug in a controller to get through it because this game is definitely worth playing however you can.

So you're saying your guy WILL turn that fast, but the camera takes some time to catch up? In cases like that I think they need to ramp down the mouse sensitivity then to sync the player and camera turning. Just cap the swivel-base or something.

Never played Psychonauts before...

Best platformer ever, and free on GameTap currently. Pain in the butt to play with M&K but a breeze with the 360 comptroller. <sticks tongue out at dweez>

Never played the game. I play some console but would much prefer to play games on my PC. I still have to get a compy hooked up to my big screen.

(edited)
So you're saying your guy WILL turn that fast, but the camera takes some time to catch up? In cases like that I think they need to ramp down the mouse sensitivity then to sync the player and camera turning. Just cap the swivel-base or something.

No, I'm saying the guy WILL NOT turn that fast. How can he turn quickly with that heavy-donkey suit and "mining" equipment with him? Heck, just walking around the decks (and especially in zero-g) you can hear and feel Isaac's weight. It's a great effect and feel in my opinion, but apparently a lot of twitch PC gamers are angry.

*makes mental note to check out psychonauts*

Edited by boilersax

Finished the game tonight! I clocked in at just under 13 hours taking my time on Medium. It was a bit on the easy-ish side on medium, so if you want a challenge from the start I would recommend Hard.

I loved the story, definitely a lot deeper than it looks on the surface. There is so much interesting background and story-bit material presented in and around this game that there have been some interesting theories and conversations in some other forums. A LOT of the intriguing depth in the story comes from the logs (video, audio, and text) so you ought to pay attention to them (at least the first time through). Like I mentioned before, this game isn't so much scary to me as it is incredibly creepy. There are some definite moments where my heart was racing though, and I loved every minute of it. :wiggle2: