My wife has an interview...

[LaW]Maverick

Hey everybody, just wanted to say my wife has an interview with Massillon City Schools tomorrow. I'm posting hits because she needs all the help she can get--the teacher situation in Ohio blows, and they tend to get upwards of 700 applicants for a position like this--so it's difficult even getting an interview.

So, keep your fingers crossed, pray, perform rituals to strange furry creatures--whatever it is you do. :)

a little background:

She had a job in Euclid which she hated--so, when my office moved south, it was basically a choice between moving down here to alleviate my commute and hope she could find work here, or stay where we were and keep commuting ridiculous distances (I was going 91 miles a day...which gets expensive now..) So we moved down to where my office is (I now have about a 9 mile commute) and she's desperately trying to get a job here.

So...thanks for the support! :)

GL to her!!

My g/f is a fully qualified elem. teacher with her master's in reading for the state of Pennsylvania... she can't get a job around here b/c it's too political. We're in the same boat as you guys!

Hope all goes well.

Guest ApoK
Guest ApoK
Guest ApoK
Guests

Wish I could wish her luck, shameful because Massilon is my high school's rival so I can't say good luck. Heh.

(edited)
go across the border to the north. michigan is/was great for teachers, and heavily in demand. besides, it's not ohio.

Little problem with that is the fact that my office isn't in Michigan...

Wish I could wish her luck, shameful because Massilon is my high school's rival so I can't say good luck. Heh.

It was one of my rival schools too...sorta. I went to Jackson High School, and our main rival was Hoover. However, if she could get a job at any of the three I'd be happy! :)

Thanks for the support guys!

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

Guest ApoK
Guest ApoK
Guest ApoK
Guests

Well in that case "GOOD LUCK!!" as they say in my hometown but I'm from Mansfield, OH

go across the border to the north. michigan is/was great for teachers, and heavily in demand. besides, it's not ohio.

Little problem with that is the fact that my office isn't in Michigan...

does it matter? she's clearly the bread winner. besides, taco bell is national. i've never heard anyone refer to the drive thru as "their office," but hey, to each their own.

:)

(i'm kidding!)

Yah I can imagine why she would want to get away from the Euclid school district (sorry if anyone here has relatives who have gone to Euclid or have gone there themselves).

Hope everything goes well Mav!

Guest ApoK
Guest ApoK
Guest ApoK
Guests
GL to her... my cousin has been looking for a teaching position in the Cinncinnatti area for 4 yrs.

Best of luck to her as well!

update: She just got out of the interview and she said it seemed to go very well. They said they'd let her know either way by the end of the week (which is a bold-faced lie, if a school isn't going to hire you, they never call you and tell you so). In any case, I'm glad it seemed to go well! She said "they did a lot of nodding...I thought, in approval"