My father's 'little toy'

Guest ApoK

Guest ApoK
Guest ApoK
Guest ApoK
Guests

my dad owns a Honda S2000 - bought it brand new and he paid $40,000 for it as well!

I would show you a picture of it but I can't insert a picture in anyrthing on this computer...

Buddy of mine had a yellow 2001 one and loved it but upgraded to a Viper which got totaled within 2 months (it was an accident not involving another vehicle...not used to the shifting yet, when he went to go to 3rd gear, he accidentally downshifted into first gear and the tires locked up sending him into a flat spin). He later got a nice Mercedes.

2008 Honda S2000:

2008.honda.s2000.20158862-396x249.jpg

My buddies 2001 S2000:

P9211935.jpg

His Viper. I'll try and post up the "after" image when I find it.

Before:

FrontAngle01.jpg

Anyone who doesn't know how to change gears properly on a manual transmission should have their expensive toys immediately repossessed and sent to those of us who actually know what the hell we're actually doing.

He knows what he's doing. He used to drag race on one of the local stretch of Interstate around here. That's the story he told me though. He was with his girlfriend at the time though so who knows what the true story really is.

not sure how similar it is, but downshifting on my bike is worlds apart from down shifting my girlfriends jetta. you don't match that engine to the gears and you're in for a world of hurt.

go down 2 gears when you thought one, and that fail curve goes up exponentially.

(edited)

"upshifting" from 2nd to 1st instead of 3rd is close to the definition of "weapons-grade Fail".

All cars are different, but if he really does have the experience you say he does I have a hard time believing it was a missed shift that resulted in the demise of such a machine. :D

btw, LOL at the crotch-rocket/Jetta comparison :biglaugha:

Edited by boilersax

There's a British car show called Top Gear (if you're any kind of a fan of cars you should know what this show is) and the last 3 years running (I believe) they have done a viewer poll where they have the viewers rate their cars to see which are the most satisfactory ones to live with. The poll is officially the worlds largest car poll so they have lots of votes. All 3 years the S2000 has been the number one car for owner satisfaction.

I wish they were a tad prettier and a tad cheaper. I want one.