Yahoo! Plus

mookie

So, back in March when it looked like MS would buy Yahoo!, I decided to get all my mail out and signed up for Mail Plus to use POP. Today I thought was as good a day as any to cancel and make sure I wouldn't forget and get rebilled next year. They gave me a pro-rated refund (unexpected). Yay!

The moral of the story is this: if you did what I did, cancel soon, and if you're thinking about it, you can probably get it done for much less than $19.99. Specifically, they refunded me $11.83 for 2 Aug through 10 Mar, which looks pretty close to straight-up.

Good luck calling someone if you need help with gmail. That is my problem with free services; you need to talk to someone and you cannot. That happened to me 3 years ago when a vulnerability with gmail allowed a vietnamese hacker get my account. I could not call google, and the web form to file a complaint took 3 months to get a reply and by then, I tracked down the hacker and got it back myself. Free is good if you do not do anything serious with your email. If you actually use it to order stuff, keep track of school stuff, etc, then you should be paying someone for 24/7 support.

Funny that this should come up. Yesterday I decided to cancel my rogers internet and go back to sympatico. (Canadians reading this will recognize the IP's)

It never dawned upon me that by doing this my @rogers.com email address might be in jepardy. Sure enough, I try to access my

email last night, and find my access to my own email has been revoked. No warnings, nothing. Everything I had in there, all my receits,

kept emails, and address are in there. I am going to try to get access today to get all my info transfered to another email. I am totally appalled

by this to say the least. I know I should have been a little more intuitive about this, but no warning, & no access to retrieve personal information

is just vindictiveness. If any Canadaians are reading this and have a @rogers.com email address, I recommend you change to something else

at your earliest convienience. So, I'm guesssing most people use gmail? (thats google right?) I had a hotmail address, I'm thinking of going

back to that.

I have a msn account for spam-mail, signing up for stuff/places/purchases, etc. Then I have gmail for my real mail.

My gmail did get jacked once a long time ago, but the idiots didnt change the password, I changed it afterward, never had a problem again.

Good luck calling someone if you need help with gmail. That is my problem with free services; you need to talk to someone and you cannot. That happened to me 3 years ago when a vulnerability with gmail allowed a vietnamese hacker get my account. I could not call google, and the web form to file a complaint took 3 months to get a reply and by then, I tracked down the hacker and got it back myself. Free is good if you do not do anything serious with your email. If you actually use it to order stuff, keep track of school stuff, etc, then you should be paying someone for 24/7 support.

Yeah this is wise.