I've just got to share...

NOFX

(edited)

Interesting, I didn't even bother to think it was part of the museum I was near.

I can get a higher res. The photo is taken at like 3500x something and I sized it down. I'm still kinda new to flickr and Im not quite sure why it sizes down my photo's, I usually upload them at around 1600x1200 or so. If your wanting a higher res, I can hook it up tonight when I get off work.

Edited by NOFX

Well.. I have the RAW files, however the image shown is the HDR version. Which means, I took about 5 RAW images at different exposure levels and merged them together using software. This attempts to get perfect exposure across the image.

I bracketed it and I used photomatix. And I used 7 different RAW images, not 5.

I also have another HDR program which seems to allow for much more control, but I don't know how to use it to well. With photomatix, you just load the RAW files in and it spits out an image with minimal effort and adjustments.

When using a single RAW image for HDR, it definitely helps with over-exposed areas and will generally improve the appearance of your photo, however it doesn't compare to snapping the photo with different exposures.

I just noticed some CA (chromatic abberation) around the building on the far right, a little on the hull, and some on the sun - everything else looks fantastic. Any way you can tone that down in your HDR software?

(edited)

I noticed the CA too, it doesn't show up until after I run it through the HDR software.. i need to figure out how to use it better

Edited by NOFX