Sooo, 2 sources state Brady is #1...

MrDuke

I drafted #1, #1 and #2 in leagues this year. Not bad!!

In a particular league:

TDs are 6 (not 3)

Completions are 0.5pts

1 pt per 25 yds

For the record, I've never taken a QB in round 1, ever. EVER! This goes against every ounce of logic in my skull.

Unfortunately, when I crunch the #s for this particular league, Brady is #1 by a huge margin.

But... Tomlinson is clearly the #1 pick in every fantasy site out there and my mock drafts show I'm better off drafting Tomlinson.

However... this league has some idiots who'll draft D. Anderson or some other stiff which means I could still grab a solid RB if I take a QB in round 1.

Suggestions (from anyone other than SJ)?

I resent the fact that you're calling me an idiot.... Although, I think I draft 3rd and I'm not planning on taking any of those guys. Steve Smith all the way...

you mean the guy suspended for the first two games of the season? :D

The Steve Smith and the idiot comment was a throw back to our league last year where I took Smith in the 1st round, either 5th or 6th overall and he turned out to be a bust. The Smith thing was a joke due to that. As far as me not taking those other guys, call me crazy but I really like Barber. If he doesn't get hurt he could be in for a good year. The only problem is his running style could easily get him hurt when he's taking the majority of the snaps this year. Got some thinking to do between now and our draft tomorrow night.

(edited)

Ah, that would make more sense than taking him 3rd this year :)

I'm not a fantasy player kind of guy, but honestly I wouldn't take Brady over the top three or so RBs on whoevers board you guys are using. He's not going to throw 50 TDs again this year. Randy Moss is not going to catch 23 TDs again. I'd forecast <= 38 TDs for Brady plus ~4,500+ yds. Obviously great numbers, but I don't see him as being a better fantasy choice than Manning or maybe even Brees this year. As a Colts fan, this pains me to say it, but he is pretty good.

Edited by boilersax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...