My next car

gOOters

I am probably buying this summer. Cant decide what Im gonna get yet.

Thinking WRX STi or new 350Z. At this point I will probably go for the Z!

What would you like to drive in the future??????

I drove last years, or this years 2003 wrx, wasn't really that impressed. Pretty small car, but from what i hear about the newer ones, I might have just go out and test drive one to say that i've driven one...

The only problem with Subaru is that they love their cars and won't let them go without a pretty penny.

Yeah, and Im not down with paying a premium.

Word is the new Evo is going for DOUBLE the price at some dealerships. Forget THAT!

When the C5 Corvette FIRST came out, a friend of mine went to buy one. He was so hacked off at the $6K premium imposed by the dealership that he was like...cya. He went outr and baught a new Porsche Cab. the same day.

IMO the Vette is a better buy these days!

When I get rid of my trusty S-10, I'm going to try and play pedestrian for a year or so and save up. The first new car I buy WILL BE a BMW M3. Will. I demand it and have already told Katie it's a rule.

I also like the new Honda Element sport ute thing. It's got a lot of appeal for a 4 cylinder to me for some reason. I cannot explain it, but I really like those things with the AWD and the huge moon roof in back.

Chief

LOL. I hear ya Chief. I told Christi many moons ago..."if you ever want to marry me, accept that I will always spend a little too much on my vehicle(s)". Ha...well she went for it. Should I make her sign anything?

By the time you go for that BEAUTIFUL M3 Chief it may be a V-8! :o

You live in NYC right??

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

I sugest NOT going for the 350z. For about 33k it isn't really worth it. Sure its a slick looking car and is a 6-speed but it just isn't that great from what I have been told. Go with a Corvette ;) . The WRX is an awsome car. The Mistubishi Lancer Evo's aren't going to be good at all unless they bring over the Evo 7 from Japan and even if they do it won't be the good one. I personally wanna get an M3 also or maybe even the new Cadilac Sports car priced at about 80k-100k := . My step-father who works at Cadilac said they allready pre-sold the 8 they were getting in May o0o . So My choice would be the WRX, nice and sporty.

TeKNiK

Yeah TeK, I LOVE the vette. The WRX is great too.

The American Evo7 is the Japanese Evo6. We wont get this years japanese Evo7 unless it is next year as the American Evo8.

The Japanese Evo6 is still pretty great though.

I must say, I REALLY like the way the Caddy XLR looks. My brother SAW one driving in Chicago yesterday?!! I think it will a gerat roadster but not exactly much sportscar for the dollar($76K?). Expected 0-60 times will be in the high 5 second range (probably a click or two BEHIND the $26K base 350Z) :P

Must say, cruisin in a Caddy XLR would be tons of fun! It is basically a C5/6 vette with slightly different suspension and nicer skin/interior. It will be built in Bowling Green KY right next to the vette.

Lancer is a silly name. :blink: Wasn't there a crappy Dodge named that?

S! to Chief, way to be a ped! I walk to work, 15 minutes into downtown Seattle. If it rains I take the 10 minute bus ride. Those M3's are nice.

You all are talking about cars you can actually afford right? If you all have some much dough you could buy a reserve spot on trop! :unsure:

No, but I plan on being able to afford it in the not to distant future. Between my shoes and my Cannondale, Lafayette is pretty manageable without a car/truck...except to get to a grocery store which are all VERY far from campus/downtown area.

Working for a state institution, with only a MA behind my name is no way to buy a BMW. But I get summers, weekends, holidays, and...young students.

Chief

Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guest Captain Pants
Guests

I have a friend who drives a 350Z, and he loves the car. I love RWD vehicles, which gives that a little bonus as well...... however, the WRX is quick, and has AWD. If you're going for quickness, handling.... go for the WRX. The 350Z looks tons better though :D

And living north of the Mason-Dixon line...AWD is nice in the snow and rain.

The 350 looks clean and modern and all, but I still think the old 300 is prettier.

Chief