ATT LivePerson Online help

ZesteR

Ok, lately I have been trying to log onto my account and it says my password is wrong everytime. So I reset it and put in a new one. If I log off, and try to log on again, I get the same problem. This morning I try to logon and it says my account is locked, so I use the Online chat called Live Chat with LivePerson.

Here is what I got:

Chat InformationThank you for your patience! An AT&T customer service representative will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Charles'. I am sorry you are having this issue. I can assist you. As the security of your account is important to AT&T, I must verify your account information. Please provide the account holder's first and last name, last four digits of the account holder’s social security number or the security pass code if one has been set up previously on your billing account.

Gerald: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Charles: Thank you. One moment please.

Charles: Your account has been unlocked and your password has been reset. For security purposes, the temporary password has been sent to your mobile phone in a text message. Please enter the temporary password exactly as it appears in the message when you attempt to login, and let me know if you are able to log in before we end this chat session.

Gerald: I will be able to logon on, but the next time I try to logon, I get the same error, saying my password is wrong, which it isnt, and I have to reset it with a new one.

Charles: There is a delay at this time, you will be receiving it shortly.

Charles: Is there anything else regarding online account access that I can assist you with?

Gerald: yes

Gerald: It says my password is wrong every time I attempt to logon. I reset my password and get access, but it does the samething again and again. And now this time it has locked my account.

Charles: I have unlocked your account and reset the password. I do not know why it is saying that, maybe the information entered isn't correct.

Charles: There is a delay at this time, you will be receiving it shortly.

Charles: Is there anything else regarding online account access that I can assist you with?

Gerald: you are not a real person. Liveperson, ha.

Charles: Thank you for visiting myWireless at ATT.com/wireless. We appreciate your business.

Chat InformationChat session has been closed by the customer service representative.

wish there were timestamps. there was a delay and all responses are so automated.

If there is a real person, all they are doing is typing in auto responses, which a machine can do.

*sigh*

And as I was typing a complaint out that now I have to go to a store, they disconnected me.

afaik, liveperson doesn't have automated responses. most likely the person at the other end was going through the dialogue tree - if person says this, copy and paste this. if they say that, copy and paste this, etc.

still, frustrating and sucky.

AT&T: Reason Number 2 why I do not own an iPhone.

What's your reason number 1?

I used to have Cingular, and they were turrible. Then they merged with AT&T. At the time, they were the two companies with the worst customer service ratings. So getting an iPhone? No ty.

sorry, I wasn't trying to derail the thread, it was more a statement of my distinctly negative feelings towards every customer support encounter I've had with AT&T. Not only is there business DSL service crappy, but their customer service is too! :wiggle2: