What's this world coming to?!

JackieChan

FOUNTAIN, Colo. -- Fountain police say a teen solicited two men to kill his mother so he could sell her car and drain her bank accounts to pay for rent and breast implants for his girlfriend.

Nikita Weis, 18, offered to pay two men a total of $7,000 to break into his mother's home, kill her and dispose of her body, said Fountain Deputy Police Chief Mike Barnett.

Hyun Weis, was attacked with a small wooden baseball bat at her home Thursday but escaped by sounding her car alarm and scaring off her attacker, Barnett said. She was hospitalized and then released Friday. The nature of her injuries hasn't been disclosed.

The victim's son, Nikita Lee Weis, was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder. His girlfriend, 21-year-old Sophia Nicole Alsept, and the two men he allegedly hired -- 18-year-old Juan Antonio Velez Gonzalez and 19-year-old Brandon Michael Soroka -- were also arrested on the same charge.

All are being held on $50,000 bail.

According to the arrest affidavit, the group discussed attacking Hyun Wednesday night but she would not answer her door. On Thursday night, however, Nikita was over his mom's house and while she was cooking him dinner, a man dressed in black barged into the house and beat the mom in the head with a small wooden "souvenir" bat, the affidavit said.

During the assault Hyun managed to hit the panic button on her car keys, sounding her car alarm. The spooked attacker took off, police said.

Hyun ran to a neighbor's home and called 911.

Soon after police arrived, Nikita and his girlfriend returned to the scene and were later taken to police headquarters. The two claimed to be victims held at gunpoint, before admitting they were, in fact, a part of the planning, police said.

At the time of the assault, Alsept hid with Soroka outside the home, Barnett said. Gonzalez is accused of wielding the bat, police said.

Barnett said the suspects discussed wrapping Hyun's body in plastic and dumping her in the desert in New Mexico or Arizona or burying her in a remote area off Garden of the Gods Road, the Gazette reported.

Nikita Weis is due in court Monday.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17569152/detail.html

Reading that makes me speechless...

We had something like this happen down the road from me when I was in high school. Basically he hired one of his buddies to kill his mom and dad. The mom was in a wheel chair and had a bunch of money from a cash settlement because of a car accident and he wanted it. Sadly he was successful in killing both parents, but wasn't successful with getting away with it.

I know! What kind of lowlife amateur would use a souvenir bat?

who knows, maybe it was one of the ken griffey jr. signed bats. those still have the same structural integrity, but get unfairly discredited as "souvenir."

also, first time i've heard of a guy named nikita. i think i see what happened here.

I know! What kind of lowlife amateur would use a souvenir bat?

who knows, maybe it was one of the ken griffey jr. signed bats. those still have the same structural integrity, but get unfairly discredited as "souvenir."

also, first time i've heard of a guy named nikita. i think i see what happened here.

most likely Russian or one of the surrounding countries.

yeah, well they're not in russia or one of the surrounding countries naow. they should change their name, buy a gun and gun rack, and buy an american flag pin button.

still kind of wondering about the choice to use wood instead of an aluminum bat. i wonder if they're going to release a whitepaper about it.

Not being funny here at all, but if you are intending to beat someone to death who might fight back you are much better off using a weapon that can be held in one hand and swung easily. Therefore a small wooden bat would be much better than a large aluminum or wooden bat.

Also...what if we stopped making attempted murder a joke?

Just saying.

We had something like this happen down the road from me when I was in high school. Basically he hired one of his buddies to kill his mom and dad. The mom was in a wheel chair and had a bunch of money from a cash settlement because of a car accident and he wanted it. Sadly he was successful in killing both parents, but wasn't successful with getting away with it.

that's harsh... who would do something like that?