New Florida law raises the stakes for speeding offenses ...

EbilDustBunny

we need some autobahns in north america, ontario just takes ttoooo long to drive across.. i'd deff. cruise around going 200 on the highway if i could.. in my sweet intrepid (LOL at my old man car)

<imagines autobahn in Ontario, looks towards Quebec, shudders>

Hahahahahahah! You just made my night, you racist you.

Unfortunately it'd cost a rediculous amount to keep up considering the geography from N to S ON. It only takes 14-15 hours to go from Thunder Bay to Ottawa @ 110km in the 90 zone and 125 in the 100 zone. I've gone there and back just fine. Yeah, it takes a while, but if you go 50km/h over the limit driving anywhere from Sault to Thunder Bay you'll go off of the road because of the corners.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha yes u are truly right perhaps that is a bad idea

ppfftt - "only" 15 hours he says.. u my friend must have the patients (spelling?) of a saint.. i wish i owned a helicopter of flying machine or warp nacels

Hwy 17 is gorgeous! I looove driving it to be honest. Except for buying gas in Wawa where it's 20c/L more expensive than everywhere else, I have no complaints about that drive :D

(edited)

You can safely drive 100+mph. How fast is too fast? It's all subjective, in my opinion.

Back when 55mph was the speed limit, people called those that drove 75~80mph crazy. Now that 75mph is the speed limit on many hwys, it's normal.

The expensive ticket idea is good... If you can afford it, do it (insurance, jail time, bail, fine, towing, impound fee, etc.). If you add it all up, it should cost you around $3,000?

In California, 100+mph is an automatic arrest. Whether they take you or not, it's up to the individual officer.

If you can do it, do it! :peace:

btw. In June I got a ticket in Nevada going from L.A. To Vegas doing 110mph. The trooper got me with his radar gun and he showed it to me. State trooper asked if my record was clean and I said yes (he went to verify because NV-CA has access to each others records). Once he verified it, he gave me a ticket for +15mph. When I called to pay for it, the court clerk said that they process the ticket as a non-moving violation. The fine was $90 and no points! Cool~

Edited by shoot

You can safely drive 100+mph. How fast is too fast? It's all subjective, in my opinion.

Back when 55mph was the speed limit, people called those that drove 75~80mph crazy. Now that 75mph is the speed limit on many hwys, it's normal.

Your logic is specious. Unless you are able to provide data that driving 100mph in a 75 is no more likely to cause an accident than driving 80 in a 55 you subjective argument is baseless.

There are studies that look at a number of contributing factors to accident rates: absolute speed, speed relative to speed limit, speed dispersion of all vehicles, road design, etc. I suspect that a detailed analysis would reveal a more complicated picture than the one you have presented.

(edited)

Your logic is specious. Unless you are able to provide data that driving 100mph in a 75 is no more likely to cause an accident than driving 80 in a 55 you subjective argument is baseless.

There are studies that look at a number of contributing factors to accident rates: absolute speed, speed relative to speed limit, speed dispersion of all vehicles, road design, etc. I suspect that a detailed analysis would reveal a more complicated picture than the one you have presented.

I wasn't trying to publish a report for the NHTSA man... Just trying to make a comment that "too fast" is relative to one's point of view. Relative to one's point of view without specific variables (traffic, speed limit, road conditions, etc). Driving 75mph when 55mph was the speed limit, many people frowned upon this and called the "violators" crazy. Now that 75mph is the norm... what now? Those that drove 75mph in the 1980s were crazy but they're ok now? My post wasn't about accident statistics but that "too fast" is subjective.

LOL, a ticket for going 15 miles over the speed limit is considered a non-moving violation. Classic.

Yea... It's was like an automatic plea bargain for out of state drivers. :luxhello:

Edited by shoot

I wasn't trying to publish a report for the NHTSA man... Just trying to make a comment that "too fast" is relative to one's point of view. Relative to one's point of view without specific variables (traffic, speed limit, road conditions, etc). Driving 75mph when 55mph was the speed limit, many people frowned upon this and called the "violators" crazy. Now that 75mph is the norm... what now? Those that drove 75mph in the 1980s were crazy but they're ok now? My post wasn't about accident statistics but that "too fast" is subjective.

LOL, a ticket for going 15 miles over the speed limit is considered a non-moving violation. Classic.

Yea... It's was like an automatic plea bargain for out of state drivers. :luxhello:

And my point is that "too fast" is objective. One may gather data that shows what speeds are "safe" relative to some parameter and which are "unsafe".

So I have two issues here. 1) your initial statement "You can safely drive 100+mph." is presented as a binary conclusion. As though you safely driving 100mph is either safe or unsafe. 2) you argument to support it is specious. It has the appearance of a factual argument supporting your statement, but does not.

Thus, my criticism of your saying it is safe (perhaps implying acceptable) to drive 100mph.