New Florida law raises the stakes for speeding offenses ...

EbilDustBunny

http://cbs4.com/local/DMV.1000.Dollar.2.829757.html

This month started a new law for speeding in FLA 50mph over the speed limit will cost you $1000.... not up to but $1000. "Why stop if you're going to get a thousand dollar ticket," said Stewart. "You might as well keep going."

I drive a 1995 corolla... I guess I have nothing to worry about. Lol my dad was insane he told me 15mph was it like what?! Glad I looked it up highway driving would not be the same for me. Meh to the new DMV changes.

50mph over the speed limit is a lot. Going 75 in a 25, I can't even imagine doing that.

I also think evading arrest, being in a high speed chase and potentially getting yourself killed in a car accident while being chased by the police is worst than a 1,000 dollar ticket.

i thought 50 over was automatically jail time cause of reckless driving

but imagine...75+ on 25? ridiculous

In some places, double the speed limit is special.

Not all that hard to go over 100 on a highway in some places, so if the speed limit is down at 55 you could get nailed for 50 over.

It might not be hard to go over 100 in a 55mph speed zone but why the hell would you ever need too? I could understand going in the 90s in a 75 because it won't feel like you are going that fast, but going 100 in a 55 is pretty much going twice as fast as everyone else on the road.

Here are the fines in Ontario if you're caught going 50KM over the limit.

immediate 7 day suspension

immediate 7 day vehicle impound

6 demerit points

one year license suspension

minimum fine $2000

maximum fine $10,000

jail up to 6 months

100% Insurance increase

If you aren't fully aware of the dangers of speeding you really shouldn't be on the road. Going fast is one thing but going fast with other people on the road is just dumb.

Don't get me wrong, I wish speed limits were higher, there's just too many people who shouldn't be driving who make it unsafe.

we need some autobahns in north america, ontario just takes ttoooo long to drive across.. i'd deff. cruise around going 200 on the highway if i could.. in my sweet intrepid (LOL at my old man car)

<imagines autobahn in Ontario, looks towards Quebec, shudders>

Dude I was going so fast, there is no way I would have seen the blue lights...

I used to have a VR6.. I would cruise at about 100 all the way home (280 miles). It was a 55/65mph 4 lane the whole way.

we need some autobahns in north america, ontario just takes ttoooo long to drive across.. i'd deff. cruise around going 200 on the highway if i could.. in my sweet intrepid (LOL at my old man car)

Hahahahahahah! You just made my night, you racist you.

Unfortunately it'd cost a rediculous amount to keep up considering the geography from N to S ON. It only takes 14-15 hours to go from Thunder Bay to Ottawa @ 110km in the 90 zone and 125 in the 100 zone. I've gone there and back just fine. Yeah, it takes a while, but if you go 50km/h over the limit driving anywhere from Sault to Thunder Bay you'll go off of the road because of the corners.

What the heck is km? freakin backwoods ice dwellers

I think it stands for kan't measure, geez can't even spell it right for the abbreviation lol

Yeah, anyone who simplifies life by using multiples of 10 for conversions between all of their units has simply got to be lazy! I dont know what we (and most of the world) were thinking! :spin2:

Hahahahahahah! You just made my night, you racist you.

Unfortunately it'd cost a rediculous amount to keep up considering the geography from N to S ON. It only takes 14-15 hours to go from Thunder Bay to Ottawa @ 110km in the 90 zone and 125 in the 100 zone. I've gone there and back just fine. Yeah, it takes a while, but if you go 50km/h over the limit driving anywhere from Sault to Thunder Bay you'll go off of the road because of the corners.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha yes u are truly right perhaps that is a bad idea

ppfftt - "only" 15 hours he says.. u my friend must have the patients (spelling?) of a saint.. i wish i owned a helicopter of flying machine or warp nacels

Welcome to Virginia... our laws are already crazy like this.

I had a Honda CBR 929rr streetbike that topped out close to 175mph... cops don't even try.. what are they gonna do when your doing 80mph coming out of 1st gear. Not a bright idea but you can bet anyone on a streetbike has done it. lol...

I passed a Park Ranger in his suburban at 140ish in a 55 and got off with a warning because he had no radar and asked me how fast i was going... like i was going to tell him. What he was really mad about was the fact i passed 4 cars at once going up hill. He said next time i needed to pass them one by one.

I stopped for him because about 5 miles down the road i was doing the speed limit and he came flying up on me. I didn't even realize he was chasin me.. When i noticed him he was on me so i figured he had my tags.. i thought i was going to jail ahah.

Edited by All Kill3r