Max Payne

Shazz

I seen this movie tonight. It was....super Slow!! So slow that i almost walked out...yes I said it. I actually felt myself nodding off.

I played the game. So I understand the story line. But making it into a movie just didn't' work for me. It just seemed like the same ol' same ol' movie. Nothing special at all.

One thing I liked about the game was the slow motion you could put Max Payne into during a fight. In the movie, it was corny. It didn't come off cool at all.

It went pretty close to the story in the game. Props for that, but thats it. There was one point in the movie where Max Payne busted through a couple of doors yelling "BB!!", and no joke...people started laughing.

Seeing Mila Kunis from That 70's show was ok I guess. She seems to be a good actor, but I kept waiting for her to do something dumb. Hopefully this movie will help her get more serious roles.

what? no vulgar language? and no blood? PG-13 Rating? what is this?

let me tell you this is a movie i REALLY want to see... because i to was really into the game... i hope it isn't crap like you say...

but without an R rating i cant see the Max Payne i wanted to see... and they made the previews so cool!

• 3 months later...

I rented the unrated DVD version this past weekend. I was mildly entertained for a while, but it just didn't have the same "darkness" and the action was surprisingly flat-feeling.

The movie did have one big positive aspect though - it reminded me that I never played Max Payne 2, so I bought it for $7 on steam and am playing through it now. LOVE IT! :luxhello:

Meh, I didn't care for Max Payne 2 as much as I liked the original. Of course, I played 2 shortly after playing one and 2 just seemed way too short and way too much of a rehash of the original.

Alright, who invited Buzz Killington to the forums today?

I rented the unrated DVD version this past weekend. I was mildly entertained for a while, but it just didn't have the same "darkness" and the action was surprisingly flat-feeling.

The movie did have one big positive aspect though - it reminded me that I never played Max Payne 2, so I bought it for $7 on steam and am playing through it now. LOVE IT! :luxhello:

Heh, I didn't get the game, but I did play the demo of Max Payne 2 a couple years ago. I thought it was pretty fun. I won't buy it now because I'm thinking about getting Stranglehold instead (kinda similar play mechanics, but I'm a fan of John Woo...so Stranglehold it is. :biglaugha: )

My best time in Dead Man Walking mode was 10 minutes, 44 seconds. :spin2: