Dead Space

ZeroDamage

even though you can see all of the slots, you still don't get them until you buy all the suits...correct?

How do you get the Obsidian suit? I am on lvl 3 and I am still using Suit 2. The one you buy for 10000 in game.

I thought you were using the downloadable one from PSN or xbox live! The ones you find schematics for and purchase in the store only increase your slots incrementally. This is normal. The ones you can download are Level 5 suits with all slots unlocked from the get go. If you're using a purchased level 2 suit, then that's why you only have a limited number of slots available.

wayfarer:

Fallout 3 and Dead Space are not at all comparable games. Dead Space is an action-horror masterpiece and Fallout 3 is an epic shooter-rpg. You can finish Dead Space in roughly 11 hours for one play through if you don't rush it (which you shouldn't, it's worth it). Dead Space is NOT a twitch shooter though so don't expect it to be one. So far it seems that everyone here that has tried Dead Space has loved it. I'm playing through it again once I finish up Fallout 3 and pick up and beat Gears of War 2 this week. I highly recommend you check out Dead Space.

Edited by boiler

even though you can see all of the slots, you still don't get them until you buy all the suits...correct?

How do you get the Obsidian suit? I am on lvl 3 and I am still using Suit 2. The one you buy for 10000 in game.

And they get a lot more expensive too. That's why you always make the quick trip back to the store and store stuff as often as you can. That is why two guns is more than enough and anything more will take up necessary space. Only keep a couple of med kits on you at any time and store the rest. I probably have 30 of the largest and 60 medium in my bank (or so it seems) at the end of my first run through. Sell or store whatever ammo you do not need. Always try to keep a couple of slots open and use something rather than leave it behind such as the small med kits.

You get a level 6 RIG but it is only after you beat the game the first time. It costs something like 99,000.

This....game....is....AWESOME!!! The ending was Epic!

WOW! A must buy!

I purchased both suits through the playstation network. With all of the slots, it made it easier.

I maxed out the Rig, Kenisis, Cutter ( fav. weapon) and I am almost done with the line gun.

One of the best games I have played in a long time!

I beat the game....can I change the difficultly settings and take my gear with me? Or do I have to keep going over and over in the same setting I started with? That is with all my nice gear...

Simply asking...can I take my sweet gear with me to the hardest level?

my only complaint rly with deadspace is i wish it was just a straight up fps. i dont rly like the 3rd person at all, ive tried just giving it some time but im almost finished with the game and i still hate it.

I love Dead Space's third person perspective. Just like I love Gears of War's third person perspective. It's not a FPS - it's more slow and methodical which helps build tension. If you stop trying to mentally make it something it isn't, then you can allow yourself to enjoy it.

Shazz - no, you can't change to another difficulty and keep all your sweet gear. You'll have to start a new game from scratch to change the difficulty level. You CAN still use your downloaded suits though, so that should help a little :)

If you go for the highest difficulty setting (can't remember what it's called at the moment) then learn to make kinesis your good friend in combat.