Installing Fallout 3 now!!!

bushwack

lol! I went to gamestop today to buy Dead Space and the worker shared his story with me. He said when he got to work that the line was very long outside the store to get that game. And people were just going crazy.

I bet you feel giddy lol!

Played for about 2 hours...out of the vault and into Megaton. I have to say, much better than I think FC2 is...

It seems an awful lot like Oblivion. I mean some of the same voices, many of the same dialogue menu options (essentially...but reworded). The combat is more refined, but my weapons suck so much that the V.A.T.S. thing really doesn't help for now.

The lock picking game has changed, but is essentially the same...testing dexterity on a digital scale.

Level up is same, skills, attributes, etc...same as Oblivion.

I would say worth playing if you like Oblivion and longed for a bit more.

Just made it to Megaton too. So far so good.

I like, course I liked Oblivion and this seems to have built upon it making improvements. Has Been a year since I played. Seems like a little bit different game but I have only scratched the surface.

Runs better then expected on my old tech comp, just a O/C C2D @ 3.2 w/ 1mb cache and a 8800GT. Outside environments running just as good as inside, didn't expect that. Seems to run 1 core at 100% and the second around 50%. I'm running it on High quality with no AA and 8x anio @ 1680x1040. I have a CRT in the mail will try 1600x1200 when I get it. The game looks and runs better then Oblivion thanks to more CPU usage I guess. I'll have to play some more to see if I need a new CPU or video card for Christmas. :)

I got the collectors edition so it came with a bobble head figure. Me and my son keep thumping it's head saying "boom, headshot" (Taken from the sniper video from TF2). My wife loves the metal lunch box and wants to take it to work.

So ... there is no multiplayer?

Hows the AI? .... I can't stand an AI that cheats.

Nope, no MP. AI by definition has to cheat, but it's not flagrant...definitely much easier than the original Fallout games if you have ever played them.

(edited)

Few questions:

How in the heck can I have run on by default instead of walk. Getting tired of constantly holding the shift button down but I don't see anywhere to configure walk/run.

How do I put away my weapon? If I talk to a NPC it seems my weapon is hidden afterwords. I just don't want to accidentally shoot someone in the face.

Also I've had the game crash on me a couple of times. Anyone else?

Other then that so far good times.

update: figured out the always run thing. um, yeah.

Edited by bushwack

Few questions:

How in the heck can I have run on by default instead of walk. Getting tired of constantly holding the shift button down but I don't see anywhere to configure walk/run.

How do I put away my weapon? If I talk to a NPC it seems my weapon is hidden afterwords. I just don't want to accidentally shoot someone in the face.

Also I've had the game crash on me a couple of times. Anyone else?

Other then that so far good times.

update: figured out the always run thing. um, yeah.

1. Press the analog stick further, he'll start running.

2. Press and hold the blue "X" button and he'll holster/draw his weapon.

3. Haven't crashed once.

HELPFUL IS I! :spin2: