Hanns-G 28" $349.99

NOFX

It will seem a little big for the first few days.. After that, you will sit at your 19-22" work monitor and wonder how you got by so many years on such a small screen. This screen makes games much more enjoyable. I will guarantee you will like it.

My theory is a monitor is comparable to tires on a car. The tires are the only thing that touches the road. That 400HP V8 is useless with little bicycle wheels.

Your monitor is the only thing you really look at with your computer. For a gamer, an Overclocked i7 with 20 gigs of ram and 4 video cards is useless with a little monitor..

Once you upgrade those bicycle wheels you can never go back.

Edited by .fx

Well, I received my monitor yesterday and I see a refund from PayPal for $50 listed in my PayPal account so...WOOT!!

Also, although it didn't say it in the specs on NewEgg, it has a sticker on it that says "Full HD | 1080P" and the nVidia control panel has an HD settings section. WOOTx2!!

One problem I have is that, even though the nVidia Control Panel recognized the monitor model automatically, the regular XP Display Properties only sees it as a Plug And Play Monitor. I wonder if/when I install Vista if the driver from Hanns-G site will give me more settings options in the XP Display Properties.

Picture of my current desk setup:

Picture077.jpg

1080p is just a fancy term for 1920x1080 resolution... just as 720p is just a fancy term for 1280x720 resolution....

but you don't want to run in 1920x1080. Everything will look much better if you run at it's max 1920x1200. <- I think this is it's native mode..

What other settings are you looking for? I never installed anything since I've had mine, I think it's always been plug and play. My 2 cents... 1920x1200 is 1920x1200... not much more you can set.

Well, I have the hannspree version. I originally had the Hanns-G, but I returned it because I bought an open box item and they no longer had hanns-G, but now hanns-spree.. It's basically the same screen, expect you don't have a bug that causes the monitor to not go to sleep.

You need to get it to run at 1920x1200.. games and your desktop look much much cleaner.

I finally got it working at 1920x1200. Seems I was a few versions off from the latest nVidia drivers. Installed them and it's all gravy now. The only issue I have now is it seems there's a bug in RDP where it won't let you remote to a screen displaying at "HD" resolutions. Loverly.