ilovetomatoes

TF2?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...;highlight=bots

but bots are pretty shunned in the TF2 community. i think we can fill it w/o them

Ooh, didn't know about those. Very cool. I wonder if it's something we could have set up so it'll populate with bots up to 4 slots... something like this:

Empty server

1 person joins, 3 bots join

1 person joins, 1 bot drops

Then there are 4 people playing, no bots.

maybe more like:

4 bot on

I'm not sure how it is with TF2, but it used to be with CS that people wouldn't join an empty server. But on the other hand, people who joined a server thinking it had people in it would be annoyed when they joined and found out the majority of the "players" was bots.

Yeah, I'd be worried about the latter. Less of a surprise if it's one of us trying to jumpstart the server, and people join and add it as a favorite, only to later find out that those 4 "people" they saw playing were actually bots.

And maybe you guys have an idea for this situation... say you're just starting up the server, and there's someone else that joins. You quickly find out that there's a HUGE skill difference... either you're owning them hardcore or the other way around. What do you do to keep that person from becoming frustrated or bored?

If he's much better than you, I doubt he'll get bored at pwning you so no problem there. If you're pwning him, then maybe slack off a bit or use a class you're not too familiar with you so that it evens the skill level up a bit.

• 1 month later...