ilovetomatoes

TF2?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We recently tried TF2. Just a couple of months ago actually and it ended up being me sitting in the server and no one else ever joining. These types of servers either have to be ready to go when a new content patch is immediately released or we need a bunch of GC to dedicate all of their gaming time to populate the server.

Yeah, so I have a couple servers from theville.org that I know Penty, my brother (ilovepotatoes), and I play on, which are full most of the time. When they are full to where I need another server, I look at the server list and most of them are either completely empty or close to full. The ones I usually play on are almost always close to full by 6pm.

I think if we have a few people that are going to get them started, we can get in people's favorites and have a shot at keeping it full a lot of the time. I also think last time we did this we had problems with our configs getting us kicked off of the normal server browser list, which impacted traffic pretty bad.

I figure we have the dedicated server now, might as well give it a try, eh?

Yeah, so I have a couple servers from theville.org that I know Penty, my brother (ilovepotatoes), and I play on, which are full most of the time. When they are full to where I need another server, I look at the server list and most of them are either completely empty or close to full. The ones I usually play on are almost always close to full by 6pm.

I think if we have a few people that are going to get them started, we can get in people's favorites and have a shot at keeping it full a lot of the time. I also think last time we did this we had problems with our configs getting us kicked off of the normal server browser list, which impacted traffic pretty bad.

I figure we have the dedicated server now, might as well give it a try, eh?

I used to play on one of those servers when the game first came out, a 28 man server I believe. I haven't played TF2 in a while though; I haven't even tried out GoldRush yet. I might be up for playing it, but I would have to reinstall TF2 since I reinstalled Steam (because of problems) a while back and haven't had the chance to get all my games back.

I warn in advance that I usually play the Spy.

...yes, I am that annoying in both CS and TF2. :wiggle2:

(edited)

I can. I have been playing almost every day or two the last 3 weeks. It is good relaxation after work ;) If anyone else wants to help out, let me know :)

edit: That is unless one of you higher ups wants to do it, then by all means I will help you out :)

Edited by ilovetomatoes

You'll need 3-4 dedicated people to get the server rolling each night. I remember a few times where Lunk and I would duel, trying to get the server going. A random pubber would join, but a 2 to 1 wouldn't appeal to them, so they'd leave. Then another random pubber would join, and the same thing would happen.

They're more likely to stay when it's 3v2 or greater.

Where are the TF2 bots? :)

(edited)

Can we try this rotation to start? non-stock maps and take forever to d/l (can we change something to make it faster? Took me like 5 min...)

pl_badwater

cp_gravelpit

cp_badlands

cp_granary

cp_fastlane

pl_goldrush

cp_well

tc_hydro

cp_dustbowl

ctf_well

Also non-stock maps take forever to d/l on the server right now, can we change something to make it faster? (Took me like 5 min...) It is much faster for me on other servers.

Just that for now, have to start playing on it for a bit before I figure anything else out...

edit: Can we change the screen that shows when you first join, it has an old maplist on it. Maybe something similar to the one on retro?

double edit: Some mani stuff does not work right, I think I just crashed it trying to slap myself... :(

Edited by ilovetomatoes