Almost B-day time!

shaftiel

So here is what I'm thinking of getting for a birthday present to myself, for managing to survive YET ANOTHER year with my wife and kids.

Antec 900

Seagate 1.5tb

The next three come in a combo bundle, so the end price is less than the sum total of all three

Core i7 920 2.66

Asus Rampage II Extreme

Corsair TR3X6G1600

Figure since I have an Antec case I should go with an Antec PS

Antec quattro 1000

There has been talk about DX11 cards coming out in the next year or less, so instead of buying the newest 295 I figure I'd go with a less expensive decent card, then upgrade when the new gen come out

EVGA 260

Total $1,610 or so

I'm going to throw in some sort of Blueray DVD burner, but right now that's what I'm looking at. Any thoughts? I'm going with Mwave instead of Newegg simply because the prices are nearly identical and Mwave is 10 minutes from my house, so for a $5 will call fee I can pick this stuff up 2 hours after I order it :)

Shaftiel

Looks like some nice stuff. Do you really need the 1000W psu? Unless you plan on multiple video cards and stuff coming out the wazoo in your comp, I have that model in the 850W and its prolly cheaper, and more then enough power for the system i would think.

That would be a sweet build though.

BTW, our birthdays are only 3 days apart. :) and i think you should get me that stuff for MY birthday too. heh

Edited by samurai nightling

why a 400dollar mobo? really what does that have that a p5q pro doesnt? except the p5q pro is only 125 :P

no need for SLI in my opinion with the vid cards that are out there

For 1 it's an LGA1366 socketed board not an LGA 775 and the cheapest is $210 ( I would go with this one for $300)

No point in getting the Antec 900 imo unless you are going to do some overclocking and need to move alot of heat.

Sure, it's cool looking, but not worth the dust problems you'll have in a couple months.. I'd go with the 300 or similar Antec

Also.. agreed with M2.. no need for that mobo unless you want to OC.. you can save a couple hundo there..

Also - why 1.5 TB hd? do you really have that much anchient battlefield p0rn? I'd go with a couple 500 in raid 0, or buy a 72 gig raptor for your OS and some redundant drives for storage