New adoption to the family!

Dingy

Hey all -

My wife and I have *finally* come out of the purgatory of the last few years - and have completed an adoption of a son from

China. We returned yesterday and are readjusting to life in the normal world - where there are stoplights, people drive on the

street and use the pretty dashed lines, you can't see the air before you breathe it, everyone isn't trying to sell you a "Rolex",

and animal body parts that shouldn't be eaten are featured in the buffet.... :)

Now if only my rear would heal from the airline seat...!

I have a couple thousand pictures to pull of the camera and categorize and will hope to have some posted soon (including

a good candidate for a new l33tmobile for Fatty:). And yes, GC did venture to the great wall.

Our son suffers from a cleft lip/pallat (sp?) and initial screening appointement is in six days - so between that and all the

family obligations go (or how much we have to go through) I hope to have some pictures posted in the near future.

Thanks guys!

It was a great trip. There was always something going on - we started in Beijing, went to our child's province

and then ended up down south where the US consulate is. It wasn't until the last couple of days that we could

really relax. The only hard part of the entire process was the return trip - way too long (20 hours of travle time) -

in coach. I have seen way to much of the inside of a 747 for a while....

We were originally in Chineese domestic program but because of changes in China it would have taken an additional

2-3 more years (estimate) for a placement. We elected to be placed in the special needs program and as the name

implies it is for children with special needs - anything from very minor and correctable issues to very severe issues.

Our son has a cleft lip/palate (sp?) and it is something that is completely correctable - as a matter of fact he has

his first appointment at the U of M children's hospital on Wednesday.

ZD - the agency we used was Adoption Associates. They are based in Michigan, but have clients nation-wide.

They have a great reputation and have programs with other countries besdies China.

Their website is: http://www.adoptassoc.com/

We returned yesterday and are readjusting to life in the normal world - where there are stoplights, people drive on the

street and use the pretty dashed lines, you can't see the air before you breathe it, everyone isn't trying to sell you a "Rolex",

and animal body parts that shouldn't be eaten are featured in the buffet.... :)

Lol Dingy you hit it right on the head. Pig brain is not bad though, nor is bug larva :)

Congratz on the new addition.

(edited)
Pig brain is not bad though, nor is bug larva :)

I wonder what the real Bush is up to back where ever you left him bound and gagged in China :biglaugha:

Check out my new avatar 'Mo!

I made it and cropped it just for you..

Edited by Bush

Check out my new avatar 'Mo!

MMMMMMMM....... steamin brains! :P

Let's see one with you sucking on a chicken foot!

Guess it is Bush FTW... :)

NEVA......

A guy has to draw the line somewhere. I stopped at the chicken feet. Anything that steps in poo (that you eat) all day is not going in my mouth.. I got sick and ended up in the hospital enough times while I was over there with food poisoning..

Now I want to comment on Beijing and Guanzhou.

1) Beijing Sucks. I hate that place. The taxi's suck and try to 'f you when ever they can. Tienanmen Square, The Forbidden City, and the Wall are cool but that is about it.. They (taxi's will take advantage of you). Outside our 4 star hotel they wanted to charge us 4 times as much for a taxi fare

.. One of the things I could not tolerate while I was over there was the discrimination that took place with me being a "round eye".

2) Guanzhou sucks as well Dingy. That town stinks and is full of criminals.. Man I wished you would of contacted me before you went over..