Admin broken?

shaftiel

(1) Fix't.

(2)

14:46:16 banid 0 STEAM_0:1:21623640
14:46:16 L 02/02/2009 - 13:46:06: Banid: "<><STEAM_0:1:21623640><>" was banned "permanently" by "Console"
14:46:18 writeid
14:46:18 Writing cfg/banned_user.cfg.

Banned for life IMO, unless someone knows who he is and why all other admins were dropped.

Also, if anyone's admin/reserve has been fixed in the past three weeks (12 Jan through now), post here as it will have to be fixed again.

(1) Fix't.

(2)

14:46:16 banid 0 STEAM_0:1:21623640
14:46:16 L 02/02/2009 - 13:46:06: Banid: "<><STEAM_0:1:21623640><>" was banned "permanently" by "Console"
14:46:18 writeid
14:46:18 Writing cfg/banned_user.cfg.

Banned for life IMO, unless someone knows who he is and why all other admins were dropped.

Also, if anyone's admin/reserve has been fixed in the past three weeks (12 Jan through now), post here as it will have to be fixed again.

I must have missed something... who is this and what does he have to do with the admin problem?

Oh, and thanks alot heh :)

Shaftiel

I pulled down the client file, and that ID was the only admin listed, named "mist". Google say his common name is Atrocity. I have no idea who it is, and am assuming he used RCON somehow to drop all the admins and then make himself admin. No reason to think the RCON password is weak, as random people can't guess it and would have to know someone to get it. Probably a bug in SRCDS.

I pulled down the client file, and that ID was the only admin listed, named "mist". Google say his common name is Atrocity. I have no idea who it is, and am assuming he used RCON somehow to drop all the admins and then make himself admin. No reason to think the RCON password is weak, as random people can't guess it and would have to know someone to get it. Probably a bug in SRCDS.

this happened the other day to me, he joined after i ran a few commands, then suddenly i didnt have admin. Thought he did something because he changed sv_cheats to 1, which zblock caught and kicked everyone out.

So this guy somehow got the rcon password from someone, totally randomly guessed the rcon password, or had a program or something that got him our rcon? That's never good.

More likely IMO there is a bug in SRCDS that lets you run RCON commands without knowing the password.