watchmen / wall-e trailer mashup

stutters

I thought watchmen was pretty poor. There were some long drawn out boring parts, and I did not understand why I had to look at the dudes glowing blue wang the whole movie (other than for obvious reasons, of course). I mean they couldn't have made the character wear a set of whities or something? I remember wishing the movie was over. Then again I did not read the comic... erm... graphic novel... so maybe I did not have the prequisite knowledge.

Watchmen is split right down the middle. People who can't handle that kind of movie say they hate it, people who get into the story and can take a little bit of male stuff in their face and get over it after the first time you see it, like the movie. And so many people on movietickets.com say they didn't like the nudity, but thats only because it was male nudity, if their were boobs all throughout then the movie would of prolly got higher ratings from viewers. You know it's true.

Edited by samurai nightling

Watchmen is split right down the middle. People who can't handle that kind of movie say they hate it, people who get into the story and can take a little bit of male stuff in their face and get over it after the first time you see it, like the movie. And so many people on movietickets.com say they didn't like the nudity, but thats only because it was male nudity, if their were boobs all throughout then the movie would of prolly got higher ratings from viewers. You know it's true.

This mostly fits in with the film theory of the "male gaze." It is generally the assumption that a male is watching or shooting film, so female nudity is not as offensive to the senses as male nudity. I haven't watched the film version of Watchmen yet, but I have read the comic book. I only remember noticing his private parts in the book when Dr. Manhattan first appears, so I can't comment on the film's supposedly numerous shots of them.

I do remember in a German film college course I took that there was one movie where a brief shot of a male's privates was shown. Some people laughed understandably. I was a bit surprised at first but not much else. The guy in front of me turned his face away though. :biglaugha: I think that once we get used to the idea of male nudity, it won't be that shocking or uncomfortable for us to see in future movies. There is definitely a double standard for some people to accept full frontal female nudity but abhor male nudity. I'm not saying we should all like the nudity we see in films, but I don't see how one is more offensive than the other. :shrug03:

By the way, fun trailer. :smillie_smilling:

Oh it wasnt offensive to me and did not gross me out. But yeah I try avoid seeing wangs if I can help it or it isn't necessary. And it was not necessary IMO. Absolutely I would not have the same reaction if there were boobs out the whole movie on one of the chick super heroes. Then again I like looking at boobs and am at best indifferent towards looking at wangs, go figure. If the movie was better I would not have had a problem with the wangage, but a so so movie, with a wang shot every 6 minutes... not so hot. And I do like the genre of movies so it isnt that. There were slow parts and plot lines all over the sucker. Though I have to admit the effects were cool and there were some really cool parts to it as well.

• 2 weeks later...