is this worth building?

Sedah

What are you running right now? Why can't you run that for the time being?

i already bought the windows vista 64bit so imma be using that for now. unless W7 is really worth upgrading too later on, then possibly an upgrade

What are you running right now? Why can't you run that for the time being?

i already bought the windows vista 64bit so imma be using that for now. unless W7 is really worth upgrading too later on, then possibly an upgrade

return the vista. windows 7 RELEASE CANDIDATE will be coming out in the very near future. in beta form it is already faster/more stable than vista. what we're saying is use your existing windows xp for now and then you can download and install windows 7 release candidate and run it until final comes out. then buy it.

yes, windows 7 beta has media centre as it's essentially windows 7 ultimate. there will be different versions on release like xp home/pro.

at this point i would not buy vista for anyone. get them xp and then upgrade them when 7 comes out. i've already sold all 3 of my vista licenses.

Absolutley, send back the Vista!!! Just go with XP for now and when W7 comes out then upgrade. Believe everyone that is using W7 when they say it is by far the best OS that MS has come up with. Compared to W7, Vista is total junk. I got the DL when everyone was talking about it, I'm running dual boot and i haven't booted into XP in months.

As far as the cards, is a 600 what PS good enough for the 285 gtx? Running 4400 dual with 4gigs ddr2, will that do it? My son is looking into the 285gtx and thats what he's running as of now. Gonna replace 8500gt 512 x2 sli and having a little slow down in Fallout 3. Haven't looked at all the specs for Nvidia and Ati cards as of yet so I'll rely on you guys for some good input.

Absolutley, send back the Vista!!! Just go with XP for now and when W7 comes out then upgrade. Believe everyone that is using W7 when they say it is by far the best OS that MS has come up with. Compared to W7, Vista is total junk. I got the DL when everyone was talking about it, I'm running dual boot and i haven't booted into XP in months.

As far as the cards, is a 600 what PS good enough for the 285 gtx? Running 4400 dual with 4gigs ddr2, will that do it? My son is looking into the 285gtx and thats what he's running as of now. Gonna replace 8500gt 512 x2 sli and having a little slow down in Fallout 3. Haven't looked at all the specs for Nvidia and Ati cards as of yet so I'll rely on you guys for some good input.

wont there be an upgrade option from vista to W7 when it comes out anyways? i'll probably jus stick with the vista for, can always get rid of it later when W7 comes out. :wiggle2: