3D Gaming

ThruX

i tried the whole 3d gaming thing with my tnt2 and it was horrible. just painful on your eyes. imagine staring into a fluorescent light for 5 minutes. or staring at a crt at 60hz for 5 minutes. your eyes will just ache.

this new one promises to be no better. plus you need a 120hz monitor to even get above 30fps...

I think he said if you were around 30fps already you would have a problem. I average 120 in l4d so I might be ok. Update I just checked the price, OUCH almost $600. Depends on what is left from tax return.

"You used to get this with a Voodoo card from nVidia back in the day" LOL, thought that statement was too funny.

Oooh so this is why Nvidia stopped supporting stereo drivers with the 7900 series, It's all making since now. I'd love to be able to use my stereo glasses with my current setup but I see Nvidia wants me to buy their glasses...How nice and of course my CRT isn't compatable with the their glasses/ drivers.

Stereo 3D is awesome, I'll be buying this sometime after the 24" 120hz monitors come out. I have an older machine for 3D but since nvidia stopped supporting the "old way" it's too hard to get games to work.

60hz for shutter glasses I think is acceptable, but I bet the flicker effect would be less with a LCD then what you get with a CRT....maybe

60hz for shutter glasses I think is acceptable, but I bet the flicker effect would be less with a LCD then what you get with a CRT....maybe

maybe. i was like 16 at the time so i probably didn't have it all set up correctly. i recall it looking really good playing nhl hockey but i didn't use them much cause it hurt.

Anyone have the 3d glasses with Sega Master System? A friend of mine had them and while the games and flicker were bad, it was still a sooo cool for the time.

I also have a pair 3D Spex from the DOS era. Yeah they hurt, Cujo, since the games ran at 60hz or rather 30hz in stereo.

I think my kids still have those 3D glasses from that last 3D movie that came out. I don't remember what movie that was but, can I just wear those when I play COD4 or CSS, or UT2k4 and get the same effect? :shrug03::unsure:

I think my kids still have those 3D glasses from that last 3D movie that came out. I don't remember what movie that was but, can I just wear those when I play COD4 or CSS, or UT2k4 and get the same effect? :shrug03::unsure:

You talking about the blue and red lens glasses? Na those are a different animal. We are talking about black/grey lcd (like a calcutator or watch screen) shutter glasses that sync to the frames of your monitor and games.

Maximum PC mag reviewed these at a 7 I believe...and said they worked well with a few of the recent games, but there were some effects, etc...that just gave them headaches. Also, Max PC said that as of press time, there were only 2 monitors that were 120 hz and worth the $$.

Meh...call me when version 2 gets here.

Edited by Tek-Almighty