the option in cs that no one uses

Guest Smoke

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

its called mute, if u don't like people whining, complaining, voice com abusing, then mute them, in the end whose being the baby? the person abusing? or the person with the power to mute and would rather complain?

:ph34r:

Yes, you can always mute, but if this person likes teamplay and

the round ends up having just him and the guy muted, you

can't really communicate well can you? Some people depend on

teammates to win maps with communication, if I'm ever to loud

and some one mentions it, I respect that and shut up.

:ph34r:

Actually Smoke, just so ya know, I am one one of these so called "no one" s that you speak of that do use the mute button. And I have used it on you quite a few times. I do get a chuckle from hearing some things over the mic and think it's all in fun and good humor. But I do not like to hear people 1) ripping on others over the mic. 2) Or play like they have their mic button glued down. I rely heavily on sound during gameplay and do not like to hear someone talk just to be talking.

Muting is all fine and dandy, but that does not stop text. If you were on my old server I would have prolly gagged you quite a few times by now.

in the end whose being the baby?

You didn't just say that.

Anyways, if you're abusing the voice while I'm on your team, you'll be muted. And just so you know, I mute people by removing them. Linch nailed this one.

This was brought up a while back in a similar topic. To me, it's not really an option, especially when team play can rely in large part on your teammates using voicecomm effectively. A person should never have to mute another, there should be a common respect to keep chatter game play related while you're alive. Talk about other stuff when your dead. Of course this isn't a hard and fast rule, there are times and places it doesn't apply. But in general, it's an option that really is superfluous if people just respect that others may not want to hear random blabbing.

My perspective is that the voice comm was added to increase the abililty of the team to work as one cohesive force. I will occassionally mute a person but prefer not to for the reasons listed above (that person might call out the enemy at a crucial time).

I have seen way too many times where the voice comm is used as a chat utility. Ok, if I am dead and the other dead people are doing that...fine, it won't cause me to become "more dead" but if people are chatting it up while action is live then all it does is obscure crucial sound hints and real voice comm from teammates.

Just my opinion.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

or how about hud_saytext 0

so you don't hear people type

the only thing I don't like about the mute feature is that your can't mute their radio commands....I can't stand people that spam radio commands

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

shhhhhhhhh "i mean can't read what they type"

I just wish there was a way to block out radio commands.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

yeah i already edit out the crickets on aztec. makes the map much easier to play.

Thus we enter the old tweak or cheat discussion again.

Now, if "Disable Ambient Noises, including Crickets" was a box in the game menu, I'd say it's a setting. Now we're going to have to enter the question of whether or not it gives you an advantage. To which the response is, well they can do it to, to which I say, well, not everyone knows that so therefore it does give you an advantage, which is answered by, well it's their fault they don't know it, but I say, if it was meant to not be there, it would be in the menu etc, is it realistic to be able to cast spells over crickets and thunder, to which you say, everyone else does it, so i have to to keep up there with them, and I respond, oh, so that makes it ok, which brings up the question of one person's choice making it okay for everyone or forcing everyone to follow trump, but then you ask what is trump and i say don't know i didn't deal this hand and i wasn't paying attention so you go ahead and assume that means that there isn't any trump but we all know there is so basically what your down to is the need to bunny hop to burn off a few extra calories because of the bag of chips you ate while playing not to mention the donut that you thought didn't have filling which angered you but you got over that and bound a key to less filling which made you thirsty but while AFK you got kicked and the servers full so you bought a reserve.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

would that be the same trick as the jet sound on train?

There ya go Fatty. Enough "periods" to last you a little while. Use them liberally.

But I tend to agree. Event though a config could be made by editing your config.sys, that doesn't entirely make it legal. I mean, IMO, replacing sound is like replacing models. If gives an advantage to one person over the majority of the rest of them.

P.S.

<=========BTW, I finally made it over that "n00bie" hump.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

you need to get a program called pak explorer. Its a q3 tool, then you open up the hpk file and find the cricket noise and record over it with sweet silence

you need to get a program called pak explorer.  Its a q3 tool, then you open up the hpk file and find the cricket noise and record over it with sweet silence

Will this work for getting the song out of Desert COmbat mod for BF42? If you don't know could you post I link and I'll look around! thanks

CHief