MP3 or CD Collection

Guest TeKNiK

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

I know I would have to start this or else it would never get started.

My mp3 collection right now is about 2,477 mp3's. Throw in all I have on cd from when I backupped and deleted em. I am running at around the 4,000 mark.

CD's I prolly have about 50-75. All older stuff ie. Metallica, KoRn, Limp Bizkit (:Cringes:), Dre, Eminem, etc..

Post up your collections of either. I see Wilco has quite a nice collection. Post up

Well, when I do a "Properites" on my "Music" folder it says 10.1GB and 2,390 files. I don't really listen to them much and the styles range from Classical to Classic Rock, Punk Rock to Christian Rock. I like just about all kinds (excluding country)

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

My collection is 90% Trance tunes. Some live sets from DJ's ie..PVD, PO, Irish, Ciacomix, etc...

Others are just regular tunes.

Many of the trance I have you are unable to find on Kazaa because Kazaa is built mainly for mainstream stuff. If any of you would like to try and listen to some trance I sugest you check out.

www.digitallyimported.com

They have 5 dif streams there. Trance, Hard Trance, Hard House, Classical (Station actually has a lot of listeners and some pretty nice music), and Eurodance.

You just look on the right. Click the stream you want and it open it in Winamp. Don't use windows Media. The winamp ones work the best.

Trance is an incredible form of music. It can alter your mood a lot. I enjoy it as any tune can change my mood at any time. Its soothing yet brain popping also. My fav type. You all should try and listen to it some time. L8r all.

My MUSIC folder properties :

28.4 GB

8,079 files

Full Albums folder properties:

21.3 GB

6,118 files

472 folders (Each album is in its own folder)

Range from Classic Rock to Hip Hop to Hard Core Metal. I love music, and listen to just about anything. Not a big fan of the country music, but I try to judge songs rather than genres.

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

Thats a lot of fricken songs rooster. I thought I had a lot of songs but then again I mainly only listen to trance ne way but I commend you on your collection. Good Job.

Guest Ex-Archaic nonMCC number owning
Guests

i have about 800 mp3's and i probly only listen to like 50 of them daily. I probly have like 100 cd's... 8P)

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests
CD's I prolly have about 50-75. All older stuff ie. Metallica, KoRn, Limp Bizkit (:Cringes:), Dre, Eminem, etc..

ROFL all older stuff, hahahahahahahahahaha, Lol you must think that 80's music and before are antiques!

that quote stuff never works for me

Gotta end it with a /QUOTE Smoke.

I have about 400 cd's ripped to MP3's at 128bit. I started this about 4 years ago when diskspace was still somewhat limited (I'm using 15 of a 30gig drive now) so I didn't go over the 128. Course I don't think 128 sounds bad at all. I have to go down to 64bit for my RIO player anyway and it sounds fine also. Maybe thats the effect of 20 years of loud music.

I've got probably 100 albums, some are repurchased on CD & the rest are rotting in the basement :(

I'm thinking of redoing my MP3's at a higher bit rate since some of them just aren't right. Anyone got suggestions on a quality?

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

sigh smoke...lol. Thats good old stuff ie. The Beatles. I consider a lot of junk cd's old cause a lot of them I don't even listen to.

But you never answered the question smoke :o .

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

hmmm, well gigs of music I probably have about 3gigs, I think... I'm not a huge MP3' downloading fool, mainy I get the good live music or rare songs done by bands I like.

though my personal CD collection is probably near 100, hard to count since I lost half the cases and keep the cd's in various CD holders scattered throughout my car and house :-)

If I owned a burner I'd probably have alot more CD's and Mp3's

not to mention I've had 50+ cd's stolen from me about 3 times in my life from my car

My collection is 90% Trance tunes. Some live sets from DJ's ie..PVD, PO, Irish, Ciacomix, etc...

Others are just regular tunes.

Many of the trance I have you are unable to find on Kazaa because Kazaa is built mainly for mainstream stuff. If any of you would like to try and listen to some trance I sugest you check out.

www.digitallyimported.com

wow no wonder i always feel jipped...thanks alot for the site, i will be sure to check it out :D

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

No problem Jiffy. Thats what this forum is here for. BTW, if you hear something on the trance channel you really like plz aim me. I rip it and almost have everything. Let me know what you need. L8r.

my music folder tells me i have 748 meg worth of songs. before i reformatted i had 15.1 gig worth of songs. i believe it was 3800-some songs. Styles range from classical - jazz, rap, some country, oldies, big band, metal, rarely some crap produced after 1998, and the list (like the beat) goes on. CD's i have over 350, only about 20 of which are burned mp3 discs.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

3800 in 15.1 gigs?! You must be downloading very long, very high-quality songs...