Considering a PS3

boiler

I'm thinking about picking up a PS3 slim now that the price has dropped to $299. I'll admit the primary reason for wanting one is for the Blu-ray capability, as it is still the best option for the money as a player. I'm also looking at the logitech bluetooth-IR module so my Harmony remote can control it.

At this point, most of my gaming will continue to be on my xbox 360, but I am looking for suggestions for PS3 exclusive type games that I may have missed out on. I'm considering Uncharted 1, MGS4, and Resistance.

Any suggestions for games and/or accessories would be much appreciated. I'm not sure about the charging options for the controllers as I love my quick charge/swappable battery solution for my 360, so any options along those lines would be welcome as well.

I was thinking about making this a b-day present for myself, but may decide not to wait a month. Thanks guys!

Uncharted 1 and MGS4 are 2 games I played all the way through and enjoyed them both very much. I now have Uncharted 2 pre-ordered and have already read some great reviews on the game. I tried the demo for Resistance and thought it was too hard so I never bought the game. Also LBP is another great exclusive that I have played quite a bit of. Other games I've played exclusively for the PS3 are Killzone 2, Infamous, and Flower(a short game, but so amazing).

There are quite a few coming out in the future(God of War 3, MAG, Heavy Rain) that I will be playing. They also have the Ratchet and Clank series which I played the first couple on the PS2, but have yet to get into the series on the PS3.

For charging the controller you just plug a cord into it and then connect that cord to anything with a USB port, and then the controller will last hours(20+) after being fully charged.

The main reason I had bought the PS3 was for the Blu-Ray player also, but I've come to use the PS3 for so much more and I am so glad I bought the system.

I also bought a 360 not too long ago and now I am enjoying the exclusive games for that system, so I'm kind of neutral about the console systems.

Edited by DragonFire

Went ahead and picked it up last night. I got MGS4 and Uncharted 1 as they were both $30, and grabbed a few Blu-ray movies as well. I still want to check out Resistance and will want to get the IR-bluetooth harmony thing eventually as well. I thought $450 was enough for the time being though. I have yet to do anything with it besides stream a little music from my laptop and watch a standard DVD that my wife wanted to see, but I should get lots of quality gaming in this weekend. I also ran the system update 3.01 without any issues. Sure doesn't look any different to me than what was on it out of the box though. :shrug03:

LBP is on my list of "need to try", may give it a rent and see if it's worth a purchase. Would be a big plus if the Mrs. could get into it, unfortunately that would require buying a 2nd controller though...

btw, MGS4 is epic. Everything I hoped for thus far. Only mild complaint is the first couple of boss fights I've had haven't been terribly challenging.

I'm playing Uncharted 2 right now and this game is by far the best single player experience I've played so far, it's like I'm part of an epic movie that lasts forever(since movies last a few hours). And the game just looks so beautiful.

The first Uncharted was a good game, but the 2nd in the series surpasses the first in every aspect. Ugh, right now I'm just sad because I know I need sleep, so I have to give the game a rest after 4 hours, I will probably play some more before work tonight.

I can't wait to dig into Uncharted 2... loved he first one!

Seriously, my birthday can't get here soon enough so I can pick up some new ones. Too many good ones to check out next month!

Uncharted 2 (haven't gotten it yet)

Assassin's Creed II

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

God of War collection for PS3 (never played either of them)

Ridiculous.

Before Uncharted 2 I had just beat the first God of War, since I had never played them before either. I really enjoyed the game, and the boss battles are really something else. I must say, for being a much older game, the graphics aren't too bad at all, and I'm sure the remastered versions coming out will look wonderful. I have God of War 2, but since Uncharted 2 came in the mail I have yet to touch that game, but I know it will be just as good as the first, so I'm excited.

Wow, so many games to play. :stretch:

I have both GoW 1&2 and they're definitely some of the best games available for the PS2...I'm looking forward to the third if I can get my hands on it (my cousin who is moving in with me has told me he's going to get a PS3 as I already have a 360, bonus!)

But it's all about Borderlands right now. Boiler. Borderlands. DOO EET