SoundCard

Guest RedMagic

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

Hey once again im thinking of a new sound card i have been looking at the Blaster Extigy i would like ur info on that or any other Sound cards feel free to post away...

SB Live series is fine for almost everything that you do as a normal user. If you're into intense things then the hardware might matter on some of the newer things. Otherwise pick a Live version based off of the bundled software like games and things that you want. For the money I went with the SB LIve Gamer.

Chief

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests

well i just started working at BestBuy so i get discounts there but wat u guys think of Extigy????

extigy is external and usb I think. Is there a reason you want to put your sound card on your desk? Will you be using it with a couple of computers or taking it around with you to other computers?

Chief

I have a SB Audigy 2 and I love it. If you're gonna spend the money get a plat though. And unless you have a specific reason for going with the extigy i.e. hooking up your home theater system to it, I would go with the Audigy.

Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guest RedMagic
Guests
I have a stereo reciver in my dorm room and a couple of speakers, what kind of video card would work well with

u meant Sound card im sure.....................but the reason i want the Extigy or am looking at it is it is a audigy sound card with easy accebility to sound controls and home theater equipment..........the only thing im worried about is lower fps and more usage of cpu even though i have 2.4bghz....Waht u guys think