Saint Patrick's Day

EbilDustBunny

Lol I woke up at 6 went to "Kegs and Eggs" till 8:30, drove to work, got off at 4, walked my dog to the local bar and my dog hopped up on the bar stool next to me and hung out the whole night while I drank :) Pics to come!

FYI - she's a 8-9 month Red-nose Pit

Ouch that's rough.. there's a ban against them in my area however they leave it up to the animal control officer to deem the dog "Vicious" or not.. Mine of course is one of the most well behaved pit's most people have seen especially with as young as she is! She will only get aggressive if she see's someone put up fists :) No fighting around my dog.. she'll get ya!

Hope the animal researchers get tore up.. they are great dogs with a bad rep :(

She lives with 2 cats, Plays well with larger breed and smaller breed dogs (Rotweiller, Akita, jack russel, golden retrievers) so far the only animal she's attempted to attack was a raccoon that i myself was angry at and she probably sensed it :shrug03:

Hope the animal researchers get tore up.. they are great dogs with a bad rep :(

She lives with 2 cats, Plays well with larger breed and smaller breed dogs (Rotweiller, Akita, jack russel, golden retrievers) so far the only animal she's attempted to attack was a raccoon that i myself was angry at and she probably sensed it :shrug03:

This probably the main reason, "despite the lack of a physiological "jaw locking" mechanism, pit bull-type dogs often exhibit "bite, hold, and shake" behavior and refuse to release when biting". Also, I want an Akita, its my dream dog.

EDIT: Also, the "American Pit Bull Terrier" (assuming thats what your is) is much more calmer breed, and from what you said, it sounds like thats what it is. Since they're friendly to everyone.

Edited by ValenAlvern

The bite strength and jaw locking mechanism is greatly over exaggerated and other breeds are MUCH worst that are the more "domesticated" breeds. I don't play tug of war with her (it raises aggression) and she's trained to stop biting when I say stop and if i say kisses she immediately goes from biting to licking..

I don't give her people food either.. It's all in how you treat them and train them.. she's another person to me (minus the food!)

She was a "rescue" meaning she was found by a friend of a friend and they were trying to give it a home, i ended up taking her in the next day.. took her to the vet and they estimated she was 2-3 months at the time

I love my dog! My friend has a dog that's a mute but he's mostly a pit bull of some sort... He's a nipper and doesn't know his own strength. She spoils her pets... good owner = good dog.

My sister wants a bulldog... I think an English bulldog.

ThreadHijackOnecopy.jpg

PS. this thread has been hijacked

Meh, it's a St Patty's thread, it was heading for a hijack.

The bite strength and jaw locking mechanism is greatly over exaggerated and other breeds are MUCH worst that are the more "domesticated" breeds. I don't play tug of war with her (it raises aggression) and she's trained to stop biting when I say stop and if i say kisses she immediately goes from biting to licking..

I don't give her people food either.. It's all in how you treat them and train them.. she's another person to me (minus the food!)

She was a "rescue" meaning she was found by a friend of a friend and they were trying to give it a home, i ended up taking her in the next day.. took her to the vet and they estimated she was 2-3 months at the time

My first and only family dog was a Staffordshire Terrier (Sheba) which we adopted from the pound in Toronto. She was the sweetest dog ever and exhibited amazing jaw control when playing (and loved to eat those apparently indestructible kong toys) . I miss her dearly and have done everything in my power to condemn my idiotic government for this ridiculous pandering. Currently we're fighting the bill and with luck will have it over turned in the next few years. In the meantime they're putting these poor animals down in droves and it infuriates me. Friends attempted to bring in a pup from out of province a few months ago and the government caught them and put it down, a 8 month old pup, within days of catching them...didn't even give them the chance to send it back to the breeder.

Gotta love it when they punish an animal for the actions of their owners. If I was more crazy I would go around putting these politicians down. Sorry /rant