Crysis 2

ZeroDamage

This frightens me. Crysis 1 has crashed on me during the final carrier deck fight 10 freaking times (still haven't completed it), even after I lowered all settings to "High"...

+1 to Anonymo.

Crysis has forced me to use a portion of my tax return to throw another 4GB of ram at my comp and hope something sticks. I was bottoming out on memory with the mostly "Very High" settings I was using.

Damn you, Crytek. Don't make me chase hardware for Crysis 2.

Crysis has forced me to use a portion of my tax return to throw another 4GB of ram at my comp and hope something sticks. I was bottoming out on memory with the mostly "Very High" settings I was using.

...you only had 2? and you had to use part of your tax return to buy more? what the heck is going on down there?

(edited)

...you only had 2? and you had to use part of your tax return to buy more? what the heck is going on down there?

I had 4GB, am going to double it to 8GB. I used the tax return as an excuse to spend the money.

Welcome to the world of desktop PC's newer than 4 years old! :D

Edited by boiler

guru3d tested top cards (AMD 5890 and NVidia 480) with Crysis warhead at 1920 x 1200, gamer settings (high) 2xMSAA, and still only got like 61 fps. Unless they optimize, this engine will destroy current tech and it will be another 3 years before we can get a rig able to play this. lulz...by then there won't even be PC games anymore.