RETRO SERVER UPDATE!

3vil

I think I got Retro updated (just now) but I uninstalled CSS for disk space (shuffling files around) and it'll probably take hours to get it going again since VALVe will be slammed with people updating.

If anyone can tell if it is or isn't working that'd be appreciated.

Just hacked the thread title to reflect that Mookie is working through this thing right now.

Unfortunately a straight update didn't seem to work so he is rebuilding retro from scratch. In both cases the Source servers are probably being hammered right now. Good times.

Loaded CSS for the first time in I don't know how long. Major issues on my end. Everything is chopy and sound loops quite often. I would assume it has to do with this update? really bad, and no, I can't get into the GC server either.

FYI there are issues all over the place (not just here at GC)

One big thing that everyone should be aware of. Tick rate is now essentially gone.

100 tick servers? Done.

1000 tick servers? No more for you.

Everything is locked at 66 now.

Posting the Valve issued FAQ in a moment.

GC Alumni
(edited)

Many thing do still need fixed/attention. None of the in game commands work anymore, like ff, thetime, etc etc. The language filter isnt working either, people are typing swear words left and right in the server. I know the update broke all of these, just bringing some of the points that need fixed to attention.

Just depends on when certain plugin sites update their stuff. Sourcemod/Metamod already has a snapshot build that works with the new CSS. They released versions for the CSS Beta, so I don't see how it wouldn't work for the updated CSS now.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=130459

Edited by JackieChan