Counterstrike Update and Settings

Jibbajabba

So with the new update I have heard that all server tickrates have been capped at 66, is that true? If that is the case then does that mean that cl_updaterate should be set to 66? If so what about cmdrate? I use to run 100 update/ 100 cmdrate but I have been experiencing several different lag issues with the new update so I want to make sure it isn't something with my settings. I have also noticed that my rate command is now fixed at 100000.... I use to run 25000-30000 but when I change it in console it now goes right back to 100000. I am sure I am not the only one with optimal settings questions. I don't know too much about optimal settings so any help would be appreciated.

So with the new update I have heard that all server tickrates have been capped at 66, is that true? If that is the case then does that mean that cl_updaterate should be set to 66? If so what about cmdrate? I use to run 100 update/ 100 cmdrate but I have been experiencing several different lag issues with the new update so I want to make sure it isn't something with my settings. I have also noticed that my rate command is now fixed at 100000.... I use to run 25000-30000 but when I change it in console it now goes right back to 100000. I am sure I am not the only one with optimal settings questions. I don't know too much about optimal settings so any help would be appreciated.

Also curious, as I'm a rates/commands stickler to get the best performance.

What you can do is, set everything to crazy numbers and the server will automatically limit it. So you can set your cl_cmdrate to like 999, the server max is 100, but even if the max rate on the server is 66, setting it to 100 won't break anything.

Note: This will probably break things on servers that don't have limits on the numbers like the GC server does.

Thanks for the clarification Voodoo. If the 66 tick limit is true, I wonder if that is some of the difference I am noticing since I use to be at cl_update 100 on the old server before the update and I know the old server was at 100 max.

(edited)

66 is true.

I havent got all the new math yet, but I FEEL better at 75/75/25000 than 100/100/30000

Choke hasnt been an issue lately (though the new netgraphs suck)

When I have the option I try to set cl_interp (lerp) to .050.

Changed default values of the following server variables to reflect the increase of the default tick rate from 33 to 66:<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
  • sv_mincmdrate - 10<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
  • sv_maxcmdrate - 66<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
  • sv_maxupdaterate - 66

Edited by Laz.e.rus

66 is true.

I havent got all the new math yet, but I FEEL better at 75/75/25000 than 100/100/30000

Choke hasnt been an issue lately (though the new netgraphs suck)

When I have the option I try to set cl_interp (lerp) to .050.

Changed default values of the following server variables to reflect the increase of the default tick rate from 33 to 66:<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
  • sv_mincmdrate - 10<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
  • sv_maxcmdrate - 66<br style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
  • sv_maxupdaterate - 66

I read something in the release notes for the update that the interp settings have been removed/disabled...

(edited)

erm yeah missed that one. It should be 30000 TOPS.

Check the configs you are running if you have custom ones to make sure its not setting it (typo'd), and check your config.cfg file as well

Make sure to use notepad.

Been studying a little bit on the new math. So far I get that we should be at 67/67/25000 (or 30000).

Interp_ratio should be 1. ratio of 0 is a bug and will soon be addressed.

Also, despite what some have heard, interp is NOT dead.

It effects your LERP. The new recommened setting is cl_interp .030. Lower causes yellow or orange LERP (based on 67/67 settings), higher causes unnecessary delay.

You can fake a white LERP with high updaterate settings, but you wont get a true reading. With servers at 66 tic, 101 now causes stuttering of the boxes, and above 66 tics is useless.

your LERP is based on a formula based on your updaterate, and it wont realize fake useless ones for the formula.

Edited by Laz.e.rus