What would you do?

NOFX

I got lucky that the company was hiring and needed exactly what I had to offer. Luck had nothing to do with the experience and education I got though. Luck has nothing to do with our current government doing everything it can to seemingly destroy our capitalist system. That however is a topic for another time and place.

• 6 months later...
(edited)

Goodbye Chesapeake, Hello Roanoke! My plan was to quit this spring and start hiking the AT if no jobs popped up. Late in the game (late February) I was on my employers website and saw an opening out in Roanoke. Sent in my resume, went through the motions and got hired as an Automation Software Engineer. Looking at this as more of a reason to move than anything and the new experience will be worth it too. Working with industrial controls and robotics sounds sort of cool and will be a welcome change. Hopefully it will hold my attention span for a few years, but if not.. I'm just thankful to be out of Hampton Roads. As Samurai said, it's all been luck.. I got hired by a company, that was bought out by another company that happened to have offices all over the world and many opportunities. But I have to tell you.... As much as ZD would like you to believe luck has something to do with our governments policies.. Luck is about being prepared for when the opportunity arises. I have never had anyone I knew find me a job. When I first got into the field. I was very lucky to be offered an interview. I was prepared by getting a degree, spending a lot of time working on the resume, getting small related IT jobs prior, researching the company and putting myself in a position to be able to move 5 hours away.

Edited by NOFX
  • Like 1