New Vegas

Laz.e.rus

WANT.

(and yes, I've been following it for a while. I plan to play through FO3 again in the next couple of weeks to get warmed up)

Really looking forward to it, pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago (I'm fairly sure Amazon were offering a $20 credit to your next game purchase when I did), I started a new FO3 playthrough this weekend for exactly the same reason (and I never actually finished the Mothership Zeta add-on..).

I'd started it, but lost interest last time (I guess with good reason), I'm going to leave it to last again so I don't end up dropping this character early..

Although I did run into a glitch where for no good reason at all the Brotherhood of Steel folks at GNR decided to attack me for no reason after I left the GNR building via the balcony, had to run in and try to talk to 3 Dog and run out again without dieing....

Edited by Leveller

Wanting. Waiting.

I was playing STALKER Pripyat until last week I decided to load up my last Fallout3 character and start playing again, trying to get all the bobbleheads.

Pripyat is just not filling my needs, everything is spread too thin and there's nothing but dogs in between. It's more like a simulator, a dog killing simulator. It's pretty bad when you see Stalkers up ahead being attacked by dogs, but instead of helping you hold back and reserve your ammo and wait for your comrades to fall and the dogs disperse, then go grab their loot. :freak3: It does have some good moments though.

I only have one more Bobblehead to go, the one at Raven Rock. :peace:

(and I never actually finished the Mothership Zeta add-on..).

Hate to spoil the fun, but you really weren't missing a whole lot. Weakest add-on for FO3 IMO.

I thought Operation Anchorage was LAME. Zeta was wonderful in comparison.

I thought Pripyat looked and played great, but story/duration/ and too-fast ending turned me off. It was hardly worth it to get suits with pockets for artifacts....wasnt worth wasting the time cuz you dont really even need em. In Chernoble you needed them just to survive or even get around sometimes.

I really liked Fallout 3. But I think 1/2 of my excitement for New Vegas is that it's being developed by Obsidian. For those of you that don't know, Obsidian was founded after Black Isle, the original Fallout developers, became defunct. Also, some of the key Fallout guys started Troika, which became defunct as well and some of those guys have moved to Obsidian.

The only thing in my mind that could really go wrong is if Fallout 3 New Vegas turns out anything like Alpha Protocol....

Maybe. Alpha Protocol was also the first game they did that was their own original IP. Before they did Knights of the Old Republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, and now Fallout 3: New Vegas. Knights of the Old Republic 2 and Neverwinter Nights 2 both turned out pretty nice.

• 1 month later...

Haters gon'hate

I can't wait for this to come out, I'll finally see if my 360 still works (haven't touched it since last January!)

Graphics are pretty meaningless, they were good in F3 so I don't see why they would need to change/improve. They've added boatloads of new weapons so that alone is reason enough for a day one purchase from me

Day -10 buy for me. Going to pre-order off of Steam. Get me a shotgun!

Few things I'm looking forward too, custom weapons, better companion control, back to the west coast, made by ex-Fallout 1 and 2 guys... I've also bought every other Fallout game (expect that console one), so why not this one? :)

Day -10 buy for me. Going to pre-order off of Steam. Get me a shotgun!

Few things I'm looking forward too, custom weapons, better companion control, back to the west coast, made by ex-Fallout 1 and 2 guys... I've also bought every other Fallout game (expect that console one), so why not this one? :)

No Steam for me, how else can I get the Collector's Edition? Don't know where I'm gonna get it, I don't really care about the extra in game items you get if you preorder. I did however get a couple of the preorder Coaster sets from Kmart, even though they don't carry the PC version of it. :prplwacko: The coasters sure are sweet though!

As far as I can tell, a PC collectors edition doesn't exist. Best Buy, Amazon, Kmart (according to you :)), and Target, all don't have it. Only place I saw it was Gamestop, and maybe that's a lie. :)

It's because the game hasn't been released yet. :shrug03:

OK, just kidding, but I see the Collector's Edition everywhere. Even in my sleep.

Here's Bestbuy.

I'll prolly just order from BB, It's on the way home from work. Last Time I ordered from Gamestop, I had ordered the colector's edition of Diablo II and the box was all crushed. <_< BestBuy it is!

Looks like Bestbuy has the preorder with the Coasters. I recommend nabbing a set for only five dollars even if you don't buy from them.. I just sold a preorder F3 music CD for $22 that originally came with a poster too for $5 preorder.

Edit: Maybe you are right VoodooPC, what gives with the collectors edition for PC????? SURLY it will be in stores on d-day just like the pyramid of lunch boxes in Bestbuy with Fallout 3.

Edited by bushwack

Yeah, places have it listed as "Coming Soon" or "Not Currently Available", but no where to preorder except Gamestop that I see. Amazon even has a picture of the PC Collectors edition, but when you try to order it, it says "Collectors Edition not Available on this Platform: PC". Strange.

So dunno why i didnt see this earlier. I think i might have to get this, i loved Fallout 3 on my PS3, though i wont be buying it on the PS3. I probably didnt spend as much time playing the game as i really would of liked to, mainly cuz im a multiplayer game nut right now and it was single player, and i can only play certain times of day due to my work schedule etc so id rather spend that time playing L4D2 or something. But hopefully this will be just as good if not better and i cant wait to get it.

This will be a 360 purchase for me. I'll have to look into the collector's edition thing and get my pre-order in. I have never really been a collector's edition kind of guy, except for Mass Effect 2. That rocked.