Got my New Vegas today!!!

Laz.e.rus

I didnt pay attention to the online-only Steam registration required part, so I drove 30 miles to pick it up at FedEx instead of having it delivered tomorrow. After I put it in the drive, I flipped over the case and was checking it out.

At approximately the same time, I read about Steam, and my installation was cancelled as the game is currently locked.

It says its locked until 3 am.

Does the game only unlock at midnight Pacific Time?

What a hassle, I'm really starting to hate Steam again. At least with a Console you can lend a game disk to your friends, but the chance of lending your Steam account info? :biglaugha: Guess it's not Steam's fault but the game publisher's. Wonder how much of a kickback Steam get's with every game registration?

Not to mention, if you happen not to like the game you, can't sell it to recoup some of your loss. <_< The hackers are always going to hack, they realize this. They don't want to loose a "potential" sale by someone reselling "their" game, and I do mean said game publisher. Are the console companies coming to this yet, say XBOX games being tied to the console you first play them on? Sounds totally damn evil doesn't it? I think PC piracy is going to flourish with the coming times.

Thanks Lazerus, now I'm all mad at my favorite game studio. :meanface:

:biglaugha:

Oh and don't forget to defrag you game drive before your install, do it now while you have the time.

Edited by bushwack

Well said Bush.

Unfortunately, as Im partially psychotic, I feel I can argue both sides with myself.

I completely understand spending a year making a game, then reading a blog about a guy that torrented it and loved it....but didnt bother to pay for his love

And then...

I got sacred 2, didnt get a chance to play it on the old PC before I rebuilt, and I have to jump thorugh all these uninstall hoops and emails and requests for key deletion things...Kiss my bum. Id rather set your DVD on fire.

If I buy the coolest piece of hardware evar....lets says a $15,000 gaming PC, I can load it up, bring it to my sisters or friends house, and say "Check THIS out!". Can I do that with my $49.99 games today?

Its my disk now...I paid from MY bank account for it...any claim YOU once had to it has transferred....

Thanks bush for getting me riled up about it!

Just finished my install, gonna grab a bite to eat before I get started. Picked up the Collector's Edition BTW, some cool stuff.

So, is there going to be a huge mod community like with the Elder Scrolls and F3, or is it gonna be a Steam micro transaction BS fest. I feel sick.

I dont know.

So far though, I love it!

3rd level I think...doing the startup stuff to get rolling.

Still fun though. Made my first foray into the wilderness outside...got trashed by a giant radscorp, so I went back and blew his but up with dynamite :)

Yeah, the game really wants you to do a horseshoe going south, east and then back north. They put things that are hard as heck to kill just east of the starting city.

Deathclaws!? I ain't afraid of no deathclAhhhhhhhs!

Anyone find a safehouse yet? I'm so full of goodies already...

Precisely the opposite to me:

"There's a group of Deathclaws who've occupied the mine North of here"

Response options:

"Let me clear out those deathclaws for you"

"Oh, so not geckos then? I'm only level three and I'd describe deathclaws as too much for my varmit rifle, rolling pin or 9 iron, actually I think I'll just leave now, nice to meet you Mr Miner"

"let's talk about something else"

I think I'll go with option b and just head off to Primm for a bit, oh, when I fast travel to Primm, it drops me right in the middle of 6 Powder Puff boys........

Deathclaws!? I ain't afraid of no deathclAhhhhhhhs!

Anyone find a safehouse yet? I'm so full of goodies already...

Precisely the opposite to me:

"There's a group of Deathclaws who've occupied the mine North of here"

Response options:

"Let me clear out those deathclaws for you"

"Oh, so not geckos then? I'm only level three and I'd describe deathclaws as too much for my varmit rifle, rolling pin or 9 iron, actually I think I'll just leave now, nice to meet you Mr Miner"

"let's talk about something else"

I think I'll go with option b and just head off to Primm for a bit, oh, when I fast travel to Primm, it drops me right in the middle of 6 Powder Puff boys........

Oh I didn't either...just found one on some of my other travels...

Here's a tip. Blind Deathclaws don't rely 100% on sight to claw you to death apparently

The Deathclaws are the first time I realized different ammo would probably be helpful.... and some faster legs.

Mines!! :D

drop them as you run away ....boom boom boom boom gakk

Im having both the stuttering issues and my quicksave and autosave are toast.

weeeee

While heading on the north part of the "U" the game guides you through, I accidentally strayed a little too far West trying to discover a random cave. Walked right into a Deathclaw town meeting and had 5 of them after me. I didn't even bother trying to fight and just reloaded my last save.

A fully-repaired cowboy repeater is still no match for those hellspawn demons. Those things are so much easier when fully crippled. I NEEDS MAH DART GUNNN!!