Dead Space 2

boiler

• 3 weeks later...

About halfway through the game now, and thus far it has been AWESOME. (I replayed the first one prior to starting this and have been taking my time) The environments are more varied than they were in the first, with a nice mix of fairly well lit areas and others that are darn near pitch black. The lighting effects are even better in this than they were in the first, and that one had the best I had seen at the time.

Favorite weapon so far? The force gun. I got the collector's edition that came with the zealot force gun from the get-go, and it is absolutely brutal at close range. My go-to weapon for close encounters.

Can't wait to finish it!!

finished it and loved it.... line gun and pulse gun on the first run though ( gotta love the line-mines!)\

For the wife, this was a "play it on the 50" plasma so I can watch too!" game, darkened room, cranked surround....its a pants-pooping cocktail !

We loved them both, about to give number two a second run through.

In the end, its a great game and a great series in every respect.

My only complaint is that I feel that Doom 3 did a VERY SIMILAR job many many years ago. Yes, they are different games in several ways, but I found the lighting, graphics, sound, and much of the play-style very similar, and I expected more after so many years.

However, they made up for slightly dated tech with an amazing storyline and a great ending!

Edited by Laz.e.rus

No comparison between Doom 3 and Dead Space 2. Doom 3 was terrible in my opnion. I only finished it because of the cheats that let me get god mode and everything so I could just run through and see how it ended. The never ending monsters popping out of closets next to me was a tired and idiotic gimmick that ran its course after 2 hours of playing that game. Dead Space 2 is actually scary without the none stop startle you jack-in-the-box like moments over and friggin over. Do not get me started on the inability to hold your flashlight with your gun. Good god that was dumb.

Edited by ZeroDamage

Finally finished it last night. Holy crap, was that ending epic! I was not the LEAST BIT HAPPY when my "old friend" popped back up and proceded to stalk me through the last bits of Chapter 14/15. I have to admit while I generally prefer the slower pacing of the earlier parts of the game, the dead sprint that came near the end was exhilarating! I just had to sit back and go "wow" once I finished it. Definitely starting a second playthrough this weekend, I gots to upgrade mah other toys! :luxhello:

My only somewhat minor complaint of this game: even fully upgraded, stasis seemed to last quite a bit longer in DS1 than in this one. That would have been VERY helpful in the end game of DS2. Instead, I'm all "WTH I just froze you!! STAY DOWN!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished this game....unreal!! This game is just amazing, on an epic scale.

I finished the first one when it came out, and now this one. It seems DS3 is in the works. However, the look he gave the girl had me thinking. And of course the ending conversation with the un-named paved the way for another DS.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about the ending?? The one before the credits and after.