Bonnaroo 2011!

Allanon

Well don't know if we have any music festival fans here but Bonnaroo just announced their lineup for 2011. For those of you unfamiliar with Bonnaroo it's a 4 day music festival in Manchester Tennessee that's similar to Woodstock. You camp out, listen to music and see hippies do crazy things... also there are a lot of bands like over 100.

Here's the lineup

http://bonnaroo.com/artists.aspx

And for those who are interested, or who have gone in the past I'm seriously considering going this year so let me know if you do and we can meet up.

2 of my sisters went last year, said it was pretty awesome, except for the guy down a little from them, who kept banging a bongo drum all through the night yelling "BONNAROOOOOOOOO!" Til like 5am lol

Allanon promises not to do that again this year...

2 of my sisters went last year, said it was pretty awesome, except for the guy down a little from them, who kept banging a bongo drum all through the night yelling "BONNAROOOOOOOOO!" Til like 5am lol

Allanon promises not to do that again this year...

How dare you make promises for me!

And yah you get some crazy people at Bonnaroo, but it seems pretty awesome I still need to go which is why I'm so pumped for this year's line up.

P.S.

Yah Demoner, there are a lot of really good festivals scattered throughout the US. For the last few years I've gone to Lollapalooza in Chicago which is always a blast and there's also Coachella (which is HUUUUGE) and Austin City Limits

Edited by Allanon

And yah you get some crazy people at Bonnaroo, but it seems pretty awesome I still need to go which is why I'm so pumped for this year's line up.

P.S.

Yah Demoner, there are a lot of really good festivals scattered throughout the US. For the last few years I've gone to Lollapalooza in Chicago which is always a blast and there's also Coachella (which is HUUUUGE) and Austin City Limits

Lollapalooza overrated when you have artists like Lady Gaga granted tons of artists/bands but I'd prefer something more along the lines of Bonnaroo or Summercamp where everyone is really there for the whole festival not just an artist/band and only goes for 1 day. Music Festivals = crazy people but so does any large massive group of strangers coming together

P.S.

Lollapalooza overrated when you have artists like Lady Gaga granted tons of artists/bands but I'd prefer something more along the lines of Bonnaroo or Summercamp where everyone is really there for the whole festival not just an artist/band and only goes for 1 day. Music Festivals = crazy people but so does any large massive group of strangers coming together

Quote buildup!

I agree completely, that's why I want to go to Bonnaroo this summer, in fact as tickets go on sale this weekend I'm seriously considering buying one now while I have the money saved up. A really good friend of mine went last year and said the atmosphere and the whole communal feeling was phenomenal. Is no one else from GC considering this? :(

P.S.

Quote buildup!

I agree completely, that's why I want to go to Bonnaroo this summer, in fact as tickets go on sale this weekend I'm seriously considering buying one now while I have the money saved up. A really good friend of mine went last year and said the atmosphere and the whole communal feeling was phenomenal. Is no one else from GC considering this? :(

I've heard good things about Bonnaroo however its too far for me and by that time I will being starting work.

Cool. I was at Lollapalooza last year as well. I ended up seeing:

Soundgarden

MGMT

Cypress Hill

Yeasayer

Mutemath

Switchfoot

Mumford & Sons

Soundgarden

MGMT

Cypress Hill

Yeasayer

Mutemath

Switchfoot

Mumford & Sons

Well I guess that was a failure on both our parts cause I had no idea you were there but it was indeed amazing.

You didn't see the Strokes though? They put on such an awesome show, as well as Mumford & Sons, quickly becoming one of my new favorite bands.

• 3 weeks later...

Soundgarden

MGMT

Cypress Hill

Yeasayer

Mutemath

Switchfoot

Mumford & Sons

Well I guess that was a failure on both our parts cause I had no idea you were there but it was indeed amazing.

You didn't see the Strokes though? They put on such an awesome show, as well as Mumford & Sons, quickly becoming one of my new favorite bands.

The Strokes played on Friday. I only went on Sunday mainly to see Soundgarden as they are one of my favorite bands and this show was their first in about 10 years. I'm guessing you had the 3 day pass. I wish I did because last year's lineup was pretty amazing on all 3 days. I don't know when tickets go on sale this year, but I'm seriously considering the 3 day pass this time around.

Seriously considering going just to see RATATAT

RATATAT is freaking awesome!!

They are indeed, let me know if you plan to go YoMamma, I wanna try and make Lolla again this year if possible

I'll let you know if I go this year. I'm a concert fanatic, so chances are I'll end up at least at one day if not all three. The rumor for Lolla this year is Eminem, Foo Fighters, and Muse. I've seen all three of them live before, so I'm more curious to see who else will be playing.

• 2 months later...

Seriously considering going just to see RATATAT

RATATAT is freaking awesome!!

They are indeed, let me know if you plan to go YoMamma, I wanna try and make Lolla again this year if possible

I just bought a One Day Lollapalooza ticket for Friday, Aug 5th. Let me know if you're going, Allanon.

http://lineup.lollapalooza.com/events/2011/08/05/

So many good bands that day and of course the final 2 hours are stacked with the best all playing at the same time.

Only five bands I plan to see at this point:

Young The Giant

Black Cards

A Perfect Circle

Ok Go

Coldplay

Are there any other bands on that day that you guys would recommend?

Whelp, just got back from Bonnaroo a few days a go and I gotta say if you ever have the ability to go, do so ... don't even think about it just go. Secondly, I saw Ratatat and they were probably one of the best shows there along with Arcade Fire and The Black Keys. YoMamma, Bonnaroo definitely set me back cash money wise a lot more than I had thought but hopefully I'll still be able to go to Lolla and I'll definitely let you know if I do. Also Friday for me if I go...

Young the Giant

Delta Spirit

Smith Westerns (didn't catch them at Bonnaroo and wanna make sure I see them here)

The Kills

The Mountain Goats

Bright Eyes

Crystal Castles

Muse....

While I'm not a huge Coldplay fan they probably put on a fantastic show... but I've never seen Muse and I'm thinking I'll have to see them instead

Muse over Coldplay anyday. Wise decision.

If you've never seen both, go for Muse. The reason I'm choosing Coldplay is because I've seen Muse before and I know I will see them again because all my friends like them; however I know this will be my only chance to see Coldplay live because none of my friends like them haha.

After looking into the bands Stutters mentioned and a few others other people mentioned, here's my new list for Friday. (Sorry stutters, but all your bands but The Kills overlap other acts I don't want to miss!)

1:00-1:45 Young The Giant

1:30-2:15 The Naked and Famous

4:00-5:00 White Lies

4:30-5:30 The Kills

5:30-6:15 Black Cards

6:00-7:15 A Perfect Circle

7:15-8:15 Ok Go

8:30-10:00Coldplay

FloydFest I had a blast last year camping out. It's smaller, lesser known festival in Southwest Va with some decent bands. I think roughly 15,000 came through over the 4 days last year. My buddies are bailing on me this year, but I'm just going to roll solo.

• 1 month later...

Lollapalooza is this Friday! I can't wait and am going to all 3 days. My friday schedule has evolved a little since my last post. Unless something changes in the next two days, these are the bands I'm seeing:

----------------------

Friday

----------------------

Wye Oak

Young The Giant

Foster The People

Smith Westerns

The Kills

Black Cards

A Perfect Circle

Ok Go

Coldplay