Google+

stutters

GC Alumni

What is Google+ anyways?

oh, the irony of not googling that yourself.

considering the demonstrated laziness, i have a hard time believing you'll watch these, but maybe someone else will.

[utube]xwnJ5Bl4kLI[/utube]

[utube]ocPeAdpe_A8[/utube]

[utube]0DoAl4JXhQo[/utube]

(edited)

Will do. Thanks!

assuming you didn't get an invite, but did you at least get a notification about my post?

I got nothing. Checked spam and everything. Maybe Google caught on and disabled that from happening. I really want a Google+ invite. This is annoying. Why make something available if you cannot make it available to everyone. The whole initial gmail beta thing annoyed the crap out of me too. As did Google Wave which I liked but Google abandoned. I am annoyed!

EDIT:

It works. I just went to plus.google.com and it prompted me to assign my name and gender. I am now in. Thanks dude. This worked without the email!

Edited by ZeroDamage

GC Alumni

Google Apps users are left in the dust. It sucks to say the least. The only reason I have the gmail address above is to try out Google+

that doesn't appear to be entirely true. you need a google profile to use google+. google profiles are available to gmail.com users and premium google apps users.

that's not me, so i can't prove that, but that's what it seems like.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Apps/thread?tid=14893a92ec1e0f79&hl=en

whoa, not so fast, slick!

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2011/03/coming-soon-to-google-apps-1-button-and.html

tl;dr - google apps users are left in the dust (for now).

Free Google Apps users may still be left in the dust. We'll see. I have no intentions on making that gmail account permanent so if they do ditch us free Google Apps users, Google+ will probably not be used by me as a replacement for Facebook.

And what about Orkut? That is also a Google run Social network that actually works with Google Apps accounts. Google needs to clean this up and make something permanent.

GC Alumni

orkut was an acquisition and it's seven years old. they learned lessons from it, but plus needed to be built from the ground up. you'll probably see orkut get rolled into plus, but plus is definitely what google is betting on (ref: blogger, picasa).