Annoyed

Cake

So not only did I have two griefers today, (one which Nightling banned for 5 hours) and the other i thought should have been a friend. In the past he's tried to vote kick me for switching teams, yet he does it more often than anyone i know. Then of course you all know he plays in the morning, when no one is on to rack up on his points, which i could care less. Today, he was on by himself. I hopped on the server and was put on the infected team. We were playing one of the passing maps (not sure which one) and after he opened the trailer to tank, i eventually killed his team of him and bots. Then it was my turn and we passed by the critical charger spot and up the hill we went. He switched to my team and started walking backwards. I thought he wanted to be on my team and had to run back to grab something when i noticed he was going back really far and taking my bots with him. I asked him what he was doing and he didn't answer, usually never says a word anyway, and then i typed what are you doing?! (sorry i did swear) He took one of my guys, incapped my guy where the critical charger spot was and then hopped back on his team. Thankfully, my bots followed me and we made it pretty far to the end. Unfortunately, I feel like there's nothing I can do about this and i'm sure he wouldn't grief or break any rules when admins are around.

sigh

When cake first told me about this I was pretty shocked and immediately thought 1-2day ban.

However reading her post and applying my insane feminist views it makes sense in my head...

So here's whats up

This guy was playing on a server rackin up points so he can be the best and whatnot. Then cake joins and starts kicking his butt. From my studies I believe that this person thinks he holds a "power" position by being highly ranked on the server. When a "not as good" player (cake) joined and started beating him, he felt threatened because he was suppose to be the best. So to lack humiliation he decided to take advantage of flaws in the l4d2 system and cause damage to her team thus re-enforcing his "power" position.

Believe it or not stuff like this is so common in society it's sickening. We are constantly bombarded with situations where abuse of perceived power runs rapid yet nobody does anything. I know this is not my server but stuff like this needs to be addressed and said player should know better having logged the most playtime on this server. I think the ban should be more like 5-7 days because a shorter ban is like a slap on the wrist.

I just dont get it, Maestro has a million points (literally) , we'll never catch up but there was no need for any griefing at all. I'm sorry it had to be this way, but I won't put up with it and I don't think anyone would have.

I just dont get it, Maestro has a million points (literally) , we'll never catch up but there was no need for any griefing at all. I'm sorry it had to be this way, but I won't put up with it and I don't think anyone would have.

Crashy likes this

Glad we can all get along... Mostly

Yeah Cake told me about this yesterday before i went to work. I was unsure about banning him immediately as opposed to trying to message him about the issue and saying how we don't put up with stuff like this, but i had to head to work and was gonna talk to Jackie about it last night. Either way I'm glad he apologized and everything got resolved.

Most people don't realize that a simple apology gets them unbanned and playing again, but Maestro really gets this which is awesome. We enjoy having regulars who are pretty dedicated to playing everyday.

As far as the other guy I banned yesterday, he apparently swapped teams just to hurt their teammates or whatever and then swapped back to infected to start going at them again. Cake told me about him, i verified with another GC member in there when i joined to look and i banned him for 5 hours with "griefing" as the title. Thinking he would either not come back or learn his lesson, or even come back angry and then make it a perm ban.