File sharing program

Preacher

I collect old TV series and up until this year I would have sworn by DC++ (open source) but as of late I can't seem to find anything on there in English, it all seems to be Russian for some reason. Does anyone know of a good non-torrent program for file sharing?

U-torrent and the like are on my Internet providers watch lists and they pick it up even when I'm DLing old content like the TV show Combat! . They sent me a notice saying it was noticed and repeat violations of this type of program DLing would result in my loss of internet.

isn't this illegal?

but hypothetically, i'd force encryption on all my torrent traffic and use a common port. you'll lose some peers, but you'll save your internets.

This. Honestly been encrypting long enough that I don't notice the difference and it's absolutely worth it for the peace of mind

it's typically a setting in the BT client. in transmission (mac) it's "prefer encrypted peers" and "ignore unencrypted peers." you should also be able to set the port in the preferences, too. not sure what the windows kids are using these days, but i know utorrent had a similar setting in the long long ago.

it's typically a setting in the BT client. in transmission (mac) it's "prefer encrypted peers" and "ignore unencrypted peers." you should also be able to set the port in the preferences, too. not sure what the windows kids are using these days, but i know utorrent had a similar setting in the long long ago.

Yah uTorrent does and most BT clients should. Preacher I would just google how to force encryption for your particular BT client or whichever file sharing program you are using (I believe DC++ has it as well).

There is a windows app called Peerguardian I think. It basically blocks known IP's that are associated with certain governments, MIAA/MPAA, etc. Not sure if they ever got it working properly with Windows 7 / 64-bit though. I would not do torrent with it.

As a matter of fact, I haven't used anything torrent related in months. PM me and I will tell you about it.