• Get new Mother Board that doesnt work
  • Have brother look at it
  • Exchange it again
  • Still doesn't work
  • Buy a new Mother Board off of NewEgg
  • wait at least a week

Edited by ValenAlvern

GC Alumni

Should be fixed today. Went to my local MicroCenter to have them look at it (makes me feel stupid for doing so, but I'm at the end of my rope), and they said it was the processor. So since I bought it like 2 weeks or so ago, they're going to swap it out with a brand new one and test it then they're going to get back to me. To me, that's good service.

To be honest, I'd much rather take it to a place like MicroCenter than GeekSquad anyday because I've heard of people taking computers to GS and them saying "there's nothing we can do" or something to that effect and still charging the customer for the diagnostic service for it. I just hear a lot of bad things about GS regarding some of their stuff. Like for example, I bought a 1TB hard drive since I figured my old one was going out the door, and I asked the guy there what his recommendations were and he just pointed at one and didn't give me any additional information about it, he kept it as minimal as possible...not that I needed it, but it's always good to hear first hand someone's experience with hardware and what information they have on it.

At my local MicroCenter, they're never short with information it seems and they have great customer service. They say they don't typically return/exchange MoBos, but they took care of me each and every time I had to drive back and exchange/return parts*.

*experience my differ depending on location

Edited by JackieChan