Hunger

DragonFire

I know a lot of other people are having the same issue, but no one has posted anything about it yet. Right now I can not play Minecraft(my own choice), the hunger meter goes down crazy fast, I can only walk like a minute or 2 and it starts to deplete. This is quite annoying, and it was never an issue before. I think it started 2 days ago, not sure if Bukkit had an update that borked it or if this is how it's supposed to be now. I can't stand working on something and the next minute I have to eat just to keep working. Before it was maybe once an hour you would only have to worry about your hunger meter.

Flitter, do you know what may have caused this? Also mobs are not spawning correctly anymore either, and I want more wool!

http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/changes

You can track the changes to Bukkit there, but I don't see anything that stands out.

We are on 1190 which is just a couple past 1185 which they flagged as recommended.

There are no plugins that would conflict with this at the moment as far as I can see.

Is it possible people are running 1.9 locally? I'm not sure how MC updates the client. The server is still MC 1.8.1...

Also a note from Bukkit:

"Please note: for those of you who are considering generating a new world for Minecraft 1.8, please remember that you will likely have to do the same for Minecraft 1.9."

So once again, given the cpu hit and other bugs, we may wish to consider this just another warmup (though the cpu stuff has dropped a bit though - btw DynMap is running again if no one looked recently)

Yeah I've given up on the game until the hunger changes, plus hearing that we might have to start a new map again, this is driving me crazy. I will have to spend another 10 hours on a dragon entrance, at least in those 10 hours I probably only had to worry about hunger maybe up to once an hour. I really hope the new hunger is not how it's meant to be, that was what I was scared about hunger when they first mentioned it. It was cool before, but now it's just a huge annoyance IMO. I mean I logged on for about 2 minutes and my meter was already depleting....ugh...I logged off right away.

Yeah hunger is much much much much much much much better.

Little off-topic but did you know you can mine monster spawners and place them anywhere you want? Didn't know if this was a 1.8 feature or side effect of a plugin? I read a lot of stuff about 1.8 before it was release and never noticed anything about mining monster spawners.

Yeah hunger is much much much much much much much better.

Little off-topic but did you know you can mine monster spawners and place them anywhere you want? Didn't know if this was a 1.8 feature or side effect of a plugin? I read a lot of stuff about 1.8 before it was release and never noticed anything about mining monster spawners.

On the mob spawners:

I "mined" several mob spawners in abandoned mines with an iron axe, and they did not create a drop that i could pick up. Bug? Were you using a diamond pick or something?

ETA:

Is the new hunger plug-in disabled at the moment? I just logged in and it was depleting just as fast as it has been... Unplayable :(

Edited by boiler