I just rode a horse

Fatty

Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guest InSaNiTy
Guests

do those ones at the super market still cost a quarter or are they more now?

L :lol: L, m0m.

I rode a horse once when I was around 12...it was an old horse so pretty much just walked but it was still fun.

As for the mechanical horses at the grocery stores, a buddy and I were riding them once when we were seniors in H.S. It was a penny a ride. I fininished my ride then he got on. Well, he was quite a bit larger than I was and the manager came over and said he had to get off. He started complaining (really just stalling) and said "What about my money?". The manager just gave him this "gimme a break" look and said, "I'll give you your penny back, just get off the horse". Rather funny at the time.

I've ridden quite a few times. Not enough to make it not scary.

When I was about 10 a horse got spooked and took off running. The saddle wasnt cinched properly and basically turned upside down. I didnt last that long.

Then when I was about 12 my grandpa got me up on a horse. You have to understand, my grandpa hates horses. Had to work with them when he was a kid. But when my other grandmother died she left us a big quarter horse. So we put it on my grandpa's farm. Only problem was, the horse wasn't broken. Well he couldnt stand the idea of that horse grazing off his land and not pulling his share. So he gets it up into a chute and puts a pan of feed down. He climbs up on top and that horse just keeps right on eating. He then proceeds to try to instigate it. Jumping around and such. Horse just keeps chomping. So he gets me up on it. The horse does nothing. But he took it one step too far. He opens the chute and leads it away from the feed. We walk for about 30 yards when all of a sudden my world starts goes haywire. Next thing I know Im laying on the ground.

I have ridden horses since then but Im always on edge. I think horses can sense that too.

Guest [MwR]Ghost
Guest [MwR]Ghost
Guest [MwR]Ghost
Guests

This is pretty sad, but I have never even seen a horse in real life. Not in a zoo, not on a farm, anything....well maybe from a distance like driving in the car, but you know what I mean, never up close with 100 ft. even. I guess I need to get out more :blink:

Well in these days of urban society, I am really not suprised you have never seen a horse in real life. I am from Indiana and myself have only seen farm animals a few times. Of course, you see cows, sheep and horses everywhere when driving around cities in Indiana...oh...and corn...lots of corn.