Grenade Launcher

Soap

Hello!

I have been playing on this server for some time and have noticed that the Grenade Launcher really ruins the balance in the game.

Is there a way it can either be...removed? Or ammo limited to 6 or something like that?

At the moment if 2 or 3 people have it, they just spam every where and everything and infected can barely spawn in let alone do any real damage.

Thank you for your consideration!

Considering the lade launcher and m60 can mow anything down and getting ammo for them is only 3 points, buying ammo for each could be increased just for those guns to say...9? Maybe that will even things out a bit.

I approve this message.

I approve this message

Perhaps also adding some additional damage to teammates when people spam flame items like molotovs and fireworks crates?

Those really are used liberally and are meant to protect the team but they do very little damage to teammates, just infected.

Just another thought :D

The fire damage would change the current game flow quite a bit. Don't know if that'd be a good or bad thing. As for the grenade launcher, throwing in damage for survivors from that specific weapon would be pretty win. It's a one shot rape machine and can kill any sort of setup infected have. If it did say 25 damage to survivors in the area though, that'd make the person think twice when using it. The gun is only 8 points, last i recall, so boosting ammo to 9 wouldn't really help, unless you limited grenade launchers and m60s to 1 per survivor team(kinda like in campaign). Though that's just my thoughts on it.

The fire damage would change the current game flow quite a bit. Don't know if that'd be a good or bad thing. As for the grenade launcher, throwing in damage for survivors from that specific weapon would be pretty win. It's a one shot rape machine and can kill any sort of setup infected have. If it did say 25 damage to survivors in the area though, that'd make the person think twice when using it. The gun is only 8 points, last i recall, so boosting ammo to 9 wouldn't really help, unless you limited grenade launchers and m60s to 1 per survivor team(kinda like in campaign). Though that's just my thoughts on it.

Are you kidding? Half the people who play in the server wouldn't think twice, theyd still fire into the other 9 teammates lol. I do approve that we increase the costs of them and/or ammo for them. Also soap, the fire never does damage to teammates, not just very little, but none. Except when thrown in water, it does damage then.

Are you kidding? Half the people who play in the server wouldn't think twice, theyd still fire into the other 9 teammates lol. I do approve that we increase the costs of them and/or ammo for them. Also soap, the fire never does damage to teammates, not just very little, but none. Except when thrown in water, it does damage then.

That's the whole point. They don't think at all now, but they might if they see the effects of the damage killing their team off. Well, either that or they'd just be kicked from the server constantly/never come back. Then again, maybe I'm a bit biased. The games have changed quite a bit lately with relation to the buy plugin along with the quality of players. Old choke points are completely skated through, etc. The increase base slot function kills the random instant spawn beat downs that used to be there. Finding a few others, and namely myself raging quite a bit now. Blew up today twice, one completely worth it and warranted, the other just an overreaction. The server needs a bit of an over-hall on some things.

Anywho, back to the point. Those two guns definitely need an adjustment when it comes to usage.

...I can't win.

You never will. Don't you just love the complaints? I bet you won't reset it... I BET YOU WON'T ;D

<3

Since you don't hear it enough, thanks for all the work you put in ;D.... I still like Jet li better though. <_<

...I can't win.

Unfortunately people will never be fully satisfied... I think the big guns should be revised somewhat but the fireworks and molotovs should remain the same as far as damage. The main annoyance I share with Kira is with our #1 server we draw a lot of people that we never used to see and a lot of them don't seem to care about teamwork on either side.

In relation to the grenade launcher, maybe up the cost for it a bit more. It's a grenade launcher, it's suppose to do massive damage in my books..., plus the reload isn't great on it and that's one of it's major weaknesses. Tbh, it doesn't take much to take down someone with a grenade launcher if there were more team coordination.

Wont be long now till Survivors can only use Pistols and the only maps are Dead Air and The Parish. Also a way for how Ammo is bought you could make it so its 50%~80% of how much the gun costs. Some poeple will probably think "I'll just buy another gun.", what if those 2 extra points could have been used to send to someone or waiting for an ammo cache you could have even more points to use.

In relation to the grenade launcher, maybe up the cost for it a bit more. It's a grenade launcher, it's suppose to do massive damage in my books..., plus the reload isn't great on it and that's one of it's major weaknesses. Tbh, it doesn't take much to take down someone with a grenade launcher if there were more team coordination.

A lot of the t2 guns do a lot of damage as well, and if everyone uses an AWP or any other Sniper Rifle as well, can deadlock the other team from doing anything. I dont see why people want it remove when most if not all T2 do as much damage.

That's the whole point. They don't think at all now, but they might if they see the effects of the damage killing their team off. Well, either that or they'd just be kicked from the server constantly/never come back. Then again, maybe I'm a bit biased. The games have changed quite a bit lately with relation to the buy plugin along with the quality of players. Old choke points are completely skated through, etc. The increase base slot function kills the random instant spawn beat downs that used to be there. Finding a few others, and namely myself raging quite a bit now. Blew up today twice, one completely worth it and warranted, the other just an overreaction. The server needs a bit of an over-hall on some things.

Anywho, back to the point. Those two guns definitely need an adjustment when it comes to usage.

I dont know, the less skilled players that shoot through the Snipers that are actually killing the other team is already doing enough harm to the Survivors, there doesnt need to be a even more love/hate relationship amongst teammates, unless you WANT like 30 bans a day, from people swearing at each other.

Edited by ValenAlvern