Your Most Powerful Music

lousiest

Came across this on Reddit - What is, in your opinon, the most powerful music you have ever listened to?

I've never thought of music as being powerful, but having sampled a number of songs on the thread above, I think I understand what they mean. Personally, theme songs from movies (songs from The Last Samurai, Gladiator, or maybe just Hans Zimmer come to mind) would probably be my picks for powerful music. Anyway, I enjoyed the songs mentioned in the thread (discovered new ones from genres I don't normally listen to), and thought you might too :)

Edit: it's also very interesting to see listen to what people consider powerful. The songs run the gamut from classical to rock to oldies, but all very good :)

Edited by Flitterkill
  • Like 1

Powerful as in "moving", or powerful as in "zomg this is liek the bestestset song evar"?

I especially like this song. It's by Hammerfall who are a Power Metal band.

It's a different take on what they usually do and it's a very enjoyable 7 minute song.

• Like 1

Lots. This Feed Me track from last year.

Otherwise, Adele's voice and Queen's Who Wants to Live Forever from Highlander rank pretty high up there.

Oh and not like I'm in love with dubstep or anything, but I want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e0pMQM2i0M played at my funeral.

How the heck do you inbed youtube videos now? Edit: Ah...well thanks for making me confused for 10 minutes.

Edited by anonymo
  • Like 1

(edited)

w-o-w, you sir are very talented

very soothing. mmm, gonna play this while coding :)

edit: p.s. did you compose this too? if so, did i spy the meaning for M and P? :D

edit2: ahh, i think i figured out what PG stands for from your youtube account :) no arguments there

Edited by lousiest

You sir are very talented. Is this all you do to make money?

Also when i thought of powerful music, I was going to post something along the lines of what anonymo did. I hated dubstep at first, and some of it is horrible garbage, but I do like some of them like he posted. They have super powerful sounding basses and drops.

Edited by samurai nightling

Thanks all for the compliments.

The problem with most R&B, House etc is usually that the majority of the time there are no musicians (especially percussionists/drummers) it's all done by machine, Turntables; but even that is a mockery as most of studio work required to produce around 75% of the tracks is done on a computer using fruity loops software, a far cry from it's birth in the 1940s.

btw, composing & performing is my life & career.

Thanks all for the compliments.

The problem with most R&B, House etc is usually that the majority of the time there are no musicians (especially percussionists/drummers) it's all done by machine, Turntables; but even that is a mockery as most of studio work required to produce around 75% of the tracks is done on a computer using fruity loops software, a far cry from it's birth in the 1940s.

btw, composing & performing is my life & career.

:supasmsm0:

no musicians

:blink2:

it's all done by machine

:wacko:

Turntables; but even that is a mockery as most of studio work required to produce around 75% of the tracks is done on a computer using fruity loops software, a far cry from it's birth in the 1940s.

:icon20:

I'm speechless...