TV Tuners

I've used the all-in-wonder 128 pro before and it worked fine as a TV. It really depends on what you are looking for...you probably don't want to replace your 9700 with an AIW 9700.

I had a buddy a while back who had a tv tuner that hooked up outside the PC. It had a better picture but it turned the monitor into a tv so when you watched you didn't have access to the computer. Not what most people are looking for.

I currently have a Dazzle 150 for capture. It does not do tv tuning persay but if I hooked a cable box or satelite box to it I could watch TV on the PC.

I know that isn't much help...Do you intend to capture video? If so then looking for a higher end tuner card would be smart...course then you also probably want AGP and the AIW 9700. If you only want to watch I would think any cheap PCI card would work fine.

Here is a decent example and cheap...ATI TV Wonder VE

TV Wonder VE

Well it works for that. Works well actually. My cable line isnt the greatest but when its working good I get a great picture. Now dont expect digitized clarity. But full screen still looks good if you back away a bit :)

I usually check the forums during commercials. Or work on something while the game is on and just alt/tab if something interesting happens. Its pretty cool.

ati's tuners are phillips

i have an all in wonder (7200)

no problems

cept i had to pay 9.99 for catalist 3.1 and mmc 8.1 > due to licensing.

anyway tivo etc. make sure u get one with stereo and if u arent recording stuff just get the tuner, phillips is good