CS:GO Server?

samurai nightling

So I'm assuming we were going to, but no one has really asked or said anything.

We do plan on having a CS:GO server am I right? Most people who still play CS:S will most likely be buying GO, and maybe a new server on a new game will bring the community back to life a little like it was when we transitioned from CS 1.6 to CS:S.

I know I plan on playing it, hopefully a lot. L4D2 can't hold me forever!

The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.

So that’s what Hidden Path was up to! Great to see Valve’s got themselves a new game studio buddy with which to do some of their games. But wait… playable at PAX Prime? That’s on the 26th of August! And the Eurogamer Expo is on the 22nd of September! That’s amazing!

I cant wait for this going to be great.

I do wonder how some of this is going to work as far as dedicated servers....the game is supposed to be cross platform correct? Meaning people with a PS3 can play with people playing PC? I thought I read that somewhere...and if it's true, that setup sounds pretty complicated, kinda seems like they might have to have their own servers. :shrug03:

I do wonder how some of this is going to work as far as dedicated servers....the game is supposed to be cross platform correct? Meaning people with a PS3 can play with people playing PC? I thought I read that somewhere...and if it's true, that setup sounds pretty complicated, kinda seems like they might have to have their own servers. :shrug03:

i had no idea that was even possible lol

I have no idea how this will work, check this link out.

http://www.rahulsood...against-pc.html

They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

The console players got destroyed every time.

I've always wondered how console players would do playing against PC gamers... this is pretty much what I expected...

P.S. Since moving to the new forums sometimes posts lock up and don't post, anyone else seeing this?

Lots of AJAX on these forums; I'd clear all your caches and make sure your java and other plugins are up to date. I had a couple of these posts not posting glitches the first day or two the forums went live but absolutely nothing since.

They said they made the matchmaking in a way that you can't tell console players from PC players and better players will be matched up against other better players. So in the end it doesn't matter if the PC players crush the console players, overtime the consoles players will get matched up with other console players because they can't compete with the PC players. However, I imagine bad PC players would still get matched up against console players.

They said they made the matchmaking in a way that you can't tell console players from PC players and better players will be matched up against other better players. So in the end it doesn't matter if the PC players crush the console players, overtime the consoles players will get matched up with other console players because they can't compete with the PC players. However, I imagine bad PC players would still get matched up against console players.

So if they are doing the matchmaking....does that imply that they will also be doing the game hosting? I don't see how they could control all of that through servers like ours....