Epox nforce2 mobo!

Gunman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I OC the fsb to 150.... after about 2 hours of cs my CPU is at 120F.....does anyone have any thoughts on this....like ya thats kinda hot and your not really getting that much more out of it.....or dang man light that big boy up if your getting that kinda boost in preformace

I would say that would be running too hot. Personally, I wouldn't run it that hot and I would either do something to increase cooling (like add more fans) or more likely clock it back down some.

Just popped the old heatsink of the GF3. Stupid thing scared the crap outta me. I slid the credit card in, then was trying to get the screwdriver in between the two but there wasn't a lot of space. As I am trying to work it in *pop* off it comes and here I go slamming the screwdriver into the mem heatsink.

Ok kemo got a generic external monitor for harddrive and processer......It's nothing facncy two lcd displays and two sensors......He installed on the harddrive just fine with the tape that came with it....and attempted to put the other ontop of the proccesser between the heatsink and processer. When he tryed to start up his computer it would not turn on but the motherboard would say memory failer. Apperntly the heatsink was not making contact with the processer. Removing the sensor the computer started up again. The sensor although generic looks just like any other sensor that would come with some cpu heat monitor. I looked online and saw some pics of people placing the sensor on the underside of the processer and running the wires between the pins... I don't know if this is where the sensor is supose to go or not...but at anyrate i'm not sure the one wire would be small enough to fit though the pins... the pics showed two very thing wires where as this only has one larger one.

Is this where the sensor for the processer is or does it go somewhere else? for the moment it's not on but i know he'd like to have it working

On my cpu heatsink, there is a little recession where the sensor goes so it allows the heatsink and itself to be flush against the cpu.

Slappy, another thing to check is to make sure you haven't applied too much thermal compound and that it is evenly spread across the cpu.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

If your cpu is running at 120F with Load while overclocked and you are not having any problems, then it is fine. These CPU's can go much higher. Of course it kills the life of your cpu.