Epox nforce2 mobo!

Gunman

This straight from ZeroDamage:

The Epox nforce2 motherboard has just gone on sale at newegg!

If you have been looking to upgrade or just build a new computer this is the perfect mobo for you...

It has the + model that has the firewire and onboard LAN. It is the best nforces mobo for memory timing and over clocking, and the rest is pretty much the same as the other nforce models except it is ONLY $94! ZeroDamage said this is a great mobo and it is definately worth $94.

Gunman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First...I tend to steer clear of refurbished computer components.

Second...with this purchase (and when my others get in), I currently have an extra 512MB of RAM, an extra GF3 Ti 200, an extra mobo, plenty of extra (smaller) hard drives (one is an 18GB SCSI), and extra NIC, extra CD drive (somewhere). So all I need is a new CPU and a case and I will have me a second, LAN-gaming-able system.

(edited)

dweez, there is a thing going around right now where you can buy an Athlon XP 1800+ and it's actually an Athlon XP 2600, so basically you get a cpu that SAYS it goes at 1.5ghz when it really goes at 2.1ghz (2.5ghz comparable to Pentium) and it's at the price of an Athlon XP 1800+ ($100 cheaper, at $80)

and it is NOT a myth, I can go get the information right now on what to look for.

*edit*

the price at Gameve.com is actually $57 before shipping and to get to the 2.1ghz speed you hafta "overclock" it in the bios......but it's not really overclocking because you're just making it go at the speed it was meant to.

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

(edited)

what tinklees me off is that I bought the Asus A7N8X and now the new revision of them will support a 400 Mhz fbs. Im only runing a 1800 on the 266fsb but if AMD is going to release 400Mhz fbs soon, it will look like ill have to buy a new mobo.

Edited by NOFX

Ok wow....so after all the frustration of my agp running the wrong speed. then I got pay check and then i was on newegg and was like DANG thats a nice MB...then I checked the form...and saw that dweez gave praise to it....So in short now that I have a new MB on the way i need a CPU for it.

Anyone know where to get a cheep XP 2000? Or something that would do my new MB justice?

(edited)

if you want to Overclock your CPU, then make sure the mobo you got has features on it to overclock in its bios, If you got the EP-8RDA+ then I think it allows you to. Be sure to have really good cooling

Edited by NOFX

all you'd hafta do with this processor is go into the bios and turn the speed up to 2.1ghz and it will work fine without extra cooling because it was MADE to go that fast and downgraded to fill orders

hrm, what kinda processor are you talkin about???

I gotta AMD 1800+ that I successfully overclocked to 1.73 Ghz by uping my bus speed, I couldnt handle anymore than that, but of course my version of the chip the multiplier is locked so could adjust that. the only way you can learn to overclock is if you play around with it.

NoFX, check the link Playaa gave above. I called GameEV and asked them about it. The guy said that the 1800+ and the 2600+ where made from the same batch and have the same "stepping". Not sure exactly what this means right away but it "sounds" hopeful.

Regardless, I bought it and already have a buyer for my 2100+ for $75 so as long as I can overclock it to a 2100+ level (I watercool so I ain't worried) I will be happy and will have made a couple of bucks.

NoFX, did you buy memory for your proper fsb speed or did you buy a faster speed? My current board allows PC2700 DDR (333) but if I up'ed the fsb to OC, that means I am OCing the ram too. My current ram is PC3500.