I'm baaack...

anonymo

So I had a slight breakdown over the weekend and so as part of my therapy I went and built this last night:

Part list permalink / Part price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ Amazon Canada)

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.69 @ DirectCanada)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($81.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Hard Drive: Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($91.99 @ Amazon Canada)

Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 6870 1GB Video Card ($168.24 @ DirectCanada)

Case: Antec One ATX Mid Tower Case ($45.99 @ Canada Computers)

Power Supply: Corsair 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Canada Computers)

Total: $922.88

(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)

(Generated 2012-03-15 09:50 EDT-0400)

Took me about 4 hours from opening packages to Windows start screen (which barely has enough time to flash on the screen before we're at the desktop)

I've got a 2TB HD in there not listed - and I got the Corsair TX650M but for some reason it doesn't exist on the PCPartpicker website

Scored a 7.6 on the Windows benchmark, held back by the CPU

I had originally intended on purchasing the i5 2500k but wrote i5 2600k on the slip I handed the guy at the store so he rolled with it and I didn't realize until I was placing it in the CPU housing...OH WELL (yes, I purchased this all instore, like I was robbing the place with a handwritten note)

So what did I miss?

• Like 1

Maybe a card reader or an after-market CPU cooler?

Assuming you have all your peripherals as well.. :P

Also, welcome back!

Thanks!

The aftermarket CPU cooler is definitely something I looked at but for now I have no plans on OC'ing and there really isn't much room in that case for it (though I could get an external solution if I wanted), card reader is a good suggestion...I have nothing in my 5.25 bays...no LEDs, though the power LED is like a blue eye of sauren piercing the darkness of my room