Legend of Grimrock

anonymo

Only heard about it 3 months ago and I think it looks good. I never really owned any of those style of games but I wanna get Grimrock. I did "Play" one of the Ultima Underworld games, Jackie knows all about that.

I just hope you can punch down doors, haha.

So far it's pretty cool, but hard, they certainly pulled no punches. Very true to the older games it's based off, they even have a mode that disables the auto-map on your save so you have to use grid paper...I'm not there yet.

For $13 it's a great buy, but there isn't much story (not much needed really) and so far there's only one dungeon texture, I'm not really expecting much more. (game is 680mb total)

This game would be amazing on a tablet

they even have a mode that disables the auto-map on your save so you have to use grid paper...I'm not there yet.

Ahhh memories... So true.

and so far there's only one dungeon texture,

Supposed to change when you move into a new level/area.

I thought the game was hard at first but I find the AI rather easy to abuse. Your attacks are instant but the enemies have animations, so you can have an enemy move towards you, attack before they can attack, then step back and repeat. Also enemies that are in square areas larger than 4x4 you can circle strafe them to death without them even having a chance to attack.

I've only played about 2 hours, but this is what it's been like so far. I've seen maybe... 6 enemy types so far.

Why do you say that?

Normally I'd assume you're just setting me up but I'll amuse you...

I say that because 1 - I just stand there attacking, I don't strafe around and 2 - I got stuck on that pillar of light part because I couldn't figure out the stupid puzzle...clearly I shouldn't be allowed near heavy machinery or fine cookware

Why do you say that?

I say that because 1 - I just stand there attacking, I don't strafe around and 2 - I got stuck on that pillar of light part because I couldn't figure out the stupid puzzle...clearly I shouldn't be allowed near heavy machinery or fine cookware

If you're still stuck on that puzzle, you haven't even seen the worst part of level 3.

Why do you say that?

If you're still stuck on that puzzle, you haven't even seen the worst part of level 3.

That's where my game is saved right now. I looked at it and said screw it and quit. :D

It is a fun game that is reasonable for $15. If you are a big fan of these old style games, I highly recommend it. I remember playing the old AD&D Eye of the Beholder and Ravenloft games and this game brings back a similar feel but adds better graphics, improvements, and more of a focus on puzzles as well. Don't worry there is still tons of combat!